Shampoo v's Cetraben Oil

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
AnnaB

by AnnaB on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Shampoo v's Cetraben Oil

My son used to react badly to Oilatum so we have always avoided oils. But this week both my children have been prescribed Cetraben Oil from our Dermatologist. Judgement is still out on effects on their skin BUT my daughters hair just looks like a grease ball. I have tried 2 washes of simple baby shampoo and infaderm shampoo, but neither work. She only lay in bath prior to washing hair twice in shower. We will have to stop using the oil unless anyone can suggest a good shampoo that won't affect her eczema. Any ideas would be great please.
Anna
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

yorkie2703

by yorkie2703 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:18 am

Re: Shampoo v's Cetraben Oil

Hi Anne
We use a range called Tantrum it can be purchased from Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys. We have a little routine to Hair with Amy
Due to her scalp being extemly dry I put the Tantrum Conditioner on First then use a headlice comb to remove any dead skin. - I started doing this as we can't use any headlice products on her hair but found it useful in removing her dead skin. Then once I have finished then I will wash her hair out with the Tamtrum shampoo at the moment it works really well ( I use the Coconut range).
We have tried various shampoos , conditioners, oil etc but they never worked but many just caused reactions.

The only other that doesn't cause a reaction is a range called Halo and horns.
I hope this helps
Fiona

3 posts