FINALLY CLEAR

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
ohcoolcircles

by ohcoolcircles on Fri May 27, 2016 1:33 pm

FINALLY CLEAR

Hey everyone! I just wanted to pop back in and share with everyone how I finally got my skin to be clear!! Its half good, half bad news. Good news because my doctor found a solution to clearing the spots and I now have some answers, but bad because I'm still pending blood-work results to rule out some autoimmune diseases and viruses that may be behind this.

I've been jumping through all kinds of hoops and seeing all different doctors trying to find out why my persistent "nummular eczema" just would NOT clear up... I used hydrocortisone, triamcinolone, lydex, you know it, I tried it. Every lotion on the market. Well I wasn't just dry after all.
This past week I was finally properly diagnosed (via skin biopsy) with Pityriasis Lichenoides. My doctor prescribed Topicort cream (Desoximeasone Cream USP 0.25%) and within one week, ALL of my red dry crappy looking patches are healed. Nearly 100% clear.

I just needed to share this for those of you out there who are suffering from this (or other non specified eczema...topicort is good for many skin issues apparently) and struggling with ointments that aren't working. The Topicort is on the stronger end of the steroid spectrum, but it worked like a miracle!!!!

Hope this helps someone out there. I'm in tears looking at my legs now. I never thought the marks would go away. With summer around the corner I was so worried about wearing shorts or any dresses above the ankle (I know it sounds vain but, were all human)

Its a prescription cream, but please talk to your doctor and see if this is something that could work for you.
I know I will likely see more spots pop up, and its not the cure to the condition... but this cream is the only thing so far thats taken the spots and redness away! Good luck all

PS- in the wake of this new finding, I recommend asking your derm about a skin biopsy...especially to those who are suffering with persistent nummular eczema.
My doctor was so sure that's all it was, and basically did the biopsy expecting not to see much more than inflamed tissue. I recommend asking for further testing to confirm "eczema" because I'm not sure how deep this rabbit hole is going to go... but I now know that I wasnt "just dry" and I can stop blaming myself for my breakouts and focus on the cause and treatment of this health concern!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri May 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: FINALLY CLEAR

Hi there!

Thanks so much for updating us on your progress! It sounds like although there's a way to go you're on (what hopefully turns into!) a positive path.

Please do continue to keep us up to date with how you're getting on, we love to hear about our community members' journeys

Best wishes,

Sally
talkhealth Community Manager
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

gcstewart

by gcstewart on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi there
Really good to hear you've found a solution. My 23 year old son came out in spots mid January and now covering back, chest, neck, face and scalp and he has been diagnosed with pityriasis lichenoides and has been recommended UVB phototherapy.
His is also due to immune system problems and chronic ongoing sinus infection and very low vitamin D levels. Also he's now been found to be yeast, lactose and nut intolerant so all these things have obviously resulted int he perfect storm!
I just wanted to ask if you ever tried going in sun or UVB treatments and whether that helped?
Thanks
Georgina

noraanderson

by noraanderson on Thu May 04, 2017 4:15 am

I'm so glad that you're finally clear! I recently started using a new natural body wash made from soapberries and it's been helping keep my skin from drying out. My patches even look smaller and less irritated! Hopefully I'll be clear soon too!

4 posts