Stem Cell Therapy

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
stemcellpioneer

by stemcellpioneer on Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Stem Cell Therapy

I wanted to share my story - long overdue - for those who are interested as it may help others and provides insight into a field of medicine which is hard to come by.

Back in 2013, and for reasons unrelated to eczema, I underwent two stem cell treatments five months apart. In the slipstream of those two treatments, I noticed how my life-long eczema since childhood slowly eased up and eventually disappeared altogether. By the next Autumn period, I noticed - especially - how the skin on my fingers would no longer crack open when the usual drop in weather temperatures would begin during the month of October (here in the northern hemisphere where I live). Previously, and for many years before that, I would need to manage my eczema with a combination of Pycnogenol (80 mg/day) and a cream named "Locobase Repair". For the most part, I would be okay with that protocol, but if - and when not - topical steroid cream would be necessary.

Now, and since roughly three years, I have been 100% free of eczema and with no relapses. I have not used any form of "management therapy" to keep my eczema under control, because I simply do not have eczema anymore. It was my intention to share my story at an earlier point, but, the use of stem cells for therapeutic areas such as eczema has been lacking. However, this past June, the results of a clinical trial investigating the use of stem cells for the treatment of eczema was released with promising results. The study can be seen mentioned here:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 080935.htm

We are therefore entering an era of medicine - regenerative medicine - where medical conditions that were previously incurable can now be treated reliably and with permanent results.

I would attach a copy of the full-text paper behind the study with this update of mine, but, it is listed behind a paywall. However, I have read the paper and the summary mentions further investigations ahead (larger scale studies). Since stem cell treatments are costly, it is perhaps worthwhile keeping an eye out on those developments when/if they materialize as enrollment with a clinical study is free-of-charge.

If necessary, I am happy to document the authenticity of the content of my post with the moderators of this forum.
Last edited by stemcellpioneer on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Re: Stem Cell Therapy

Thank you for this interesting post - we covered a story related to this recently on our social media platforms and will be something we keep an eye on as developments occur.

Fascinating and gives lots of people suffering hope for the future!
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts