New Product for Eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
dbuzz2020

by dbuzz2020 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:06 am

New Product for Eczema

I saw an ad on Facebook for a free sample of a healing lotion from a company called Molecule32 but I don't know how good it is. It sounds good from the looks of it but I wanted to ask if anyone has ever tried their products before? Thanks!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:16 am

Re: New Product for Eczema

Perhaps you can contact the company for the research paper for the study that they have done. I saw on their website that they have conducted study - you can see how many participants were in the study, whether it is a controlled trial (versus case study) and the limitations of the study, .e.g too small a sample size, or potentially bias if the participants were given free sample and knew they are using the sample (and not the placebo), whether the results are measured clinically or via participants' survey and whether the cream tested is the same cream you're buying or only the active ingredient.

For their ingredients, they look ok but if you're contact allergic to Vitamin E, then you can't use the cream. Vitamin E while good for skin leads to rashes quite commonly. Their proprietary ingredient is not listed on the ingredient list/ listed last on their heal/rescue lotion, but I'm not sure if they have obtained approval to not list it in the ingredients list (which are in descending order of %) or if it meant it is too low (less than 1%). You can ask them about that too.

Basically, if you're interested in trying, I don't think there will be any harm if you are not contact allergenic to any of the ingredients. Whether it is worth the $ depends on how it help your skin. If you want to commit to a purchase and want to find out more, the above 2 paragraphs are what I would normally ask a skincare company about its products.

Take care!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

dbuzz2020

by dbuzz2020 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:04 pm

Re: New Product for Eczema

Thank you so much for that information, Mei. I'll be using your suggestions and hope this product works on.

3 posts