eczema on face

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
smett1967

by smett1967 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:58 pm

eczema on face

my 18 year old son has had eczema since he was young, it came back last year and now covers his face and especially his eyes, he has been to a dermatologist and has used the following cream for his face Elocon cream/ointment (which doesn't help much), he also uses mometasone/nerisone/aveeno for the rest of his body. He has had UV for ten weeks last year which helped a bit but now it is worse than ever. He is still seeing the dermatologist but still get issued with more creams.

Can anyone advise on the best treatment, ie. should he have an allergy test or any better creams/ointments which might be better.

Many Thanks

XiomaraBorjas

by XiomaraBorjas on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:28 am

Re: eczema on face

I have bad eczema ( or something) on my face, and have been using a salicylic acid cream which helped but kind of burned and was very expensive. Foderma serum seems to really help smooth out the crusty, scaly skin on my face . All skin is different and there are many disorders, but I would recommend trying foderma, it has really helped me, from the first day I put it on.

hanaka06

by hanaka06 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:59 pm

whenever i get eczema on my face i usually use Protopic Ointment and moisturise my face extra often and that tends to work like a charm. But i do have to remind you that this is a steroid medicine so may only be a short term solution as eczema in my face does come back time to time; but it may be a quick relief if desperate. Hope this helps!

midaspaul

by midaspaul on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:56 am

My younger one had a eczema and our family friend suggest the foderma.i was hesitate to use than gave a try.Once i tried i noticed the difference within 3 weeks.we were so happy.thanks for the product.........

4 posts