My life is unlivable.

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
RyanDoherty9089

by RyanDoherty9089 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:41 am

My life is unlivable.

I am writing this as a 24 year old who's life has become so damaged by chronic eczema that it isn't enjoyable, it is a constant burden. I inherited my skin condition from my uncle and eczema basically ruined his life but although it was always something I had, until I turned about 22 it was just something I frequently had to deal with. For the last few years I have had chronic eczema from my scalp down to my big toe, and every inch in between. On a daily basis I spend hours in discomfort, I cancel events, call out of work, am always in a bad mood and constantly ripping my skin apart. I have been on prednisone for the flare ups, (yet it is constantly flared), triamcinolone, and 1 prescription moisturizer that I did not like. I have to spend $15 per day on the only thing I have found that provides some kind of temporary relief and I use the entire tube every day (exederm intensive daily moisturizer). I need help. Consistent and routine help because I cant go on living like this. Please. Is there anyone out there that can help? I am desperate. It's ruining my life

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:27 am

Re: My life is unlivable.

Very sorry to hear of the worsening skin problems; not sure how to help.. did doctors conduct any tests and manage to find the triggers for the constant flare-up?
Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Mu5ician

by Mu5ician on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 am

Re: My life is unlivable.

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear about the discomfort you face. I too have severe atopic eczema. My G.P spent years trying to find a successful way of dealing with it and then he referred me to a consultant. This proved extremely helpful as I was put on steroids, ciclosporin, and now light treatment. Have you thought about this maybe? I hope you find a way to deal with your discomfort as it is very hard to deal with. All the best,
Evie

3 posts