Advice for wrinkled hands and treatments?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
HelloAury

by HelloAury on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:29 pm

Advice for wrinkled hands and treatments?

Hey guys! I've had eczema ever since I was a baby (22 years and counting!) but thankfully its reduced from my whole body down to my arms, face and inner thighs. I've probably used more ointments, tablets and lotions for my skin than I have had birthdays but that's not the point.

I was wondering what sort of treatments you could recommend to reduce my eczema from flaring up and reduce the wrinkles in my hands.

Its a bit hard living in a society where you get judged from every little aspect of yourself. I remember recently I was on my way to work and a couple of high school kids were comparing the skin of my hands to the skin of elephants. Honestly, they aren't wrong.. Its just hurtful to overhear those kinds of things coming from strangers.

Any advice anyone could give me? I have tried a honey and papaya home treatment but that only flared my skin further. From then on, I have never tried any other home treatments.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:22 am

Re: Advice for wrinkled hands and treatments?

Sorry to hear of your hands.. I was thinking maybe moisturize (with one that you have tried before and safe, e.g. from pharmaceutical brand) and then wear glove over it? eg Tubifast glove?)
And maybe do patch testing just to make sure that you know which chemicals not to be in contact with?
Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

ashleyjackson

by ashleyjackson on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: Advice for wrinkled hands and treatments?

Hi,
Oil is the best treatment to remove wrinkles from the skin.Give your hands a radiant and youthful appearance by applying oils that suits your skin type be it coconut, olive, sesame, castor or others of your choice on your hands and leave for at least one hour and wash hand after some time.
Thanks!!

3 posts