Brown recluse spider bite cured eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
dandoun_0

by dandoun_0 on Sat May 06, 2017 5:29 pm

Brown recluse spider bite cured eczema

Hey All,

I wanted to share my husband's weird experience with you about eczema. He told me that back in 2006 or 2007 he had bad eczema and then it went away and never came back. I asked how? He told me that at night he was bit by a brown recluse spider on his toe. Of course his foot swelled up, had severe pain and he had all the symptoms of that bite, he thought his toe was broken or something was really wrong. He went to the urgent care and they told him it looks like a spider bite on his toe. Lo and behold, he saw the brown recluse in his house again and of course got rid of it. He said after that incident his eczema never came back again. He told me maybe it has something to do with the poison or saliva of the spider that was injected in his body. Since the venom has a specific enzymes, once released into the skin, it causes destruction of cell membranes, which disrupts tissues leading to local breakdown of skin, fat, and blood vessels. As you know many types of poisons out there can do different things in the human body. Some snake poison is used to treat certain conditions, while some people use bee venom for arthritis.

Has anybody ever experienced this? I am wondering if someone out there has done an experiment to see if their eczema will be gone once they are bit by a brown recluse, or if anyone is willing to try it :D

Thanks

Olivia Rendall

by Olivia Rendall on Mon May 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: Brown recluse spider bite cured eczema

Hello,

That's fascinating! Thank you for sharing your husband's story. It does sound like a bit of a risky treatment if you ask me but it has been found that spider venom can help with conditions such as stroke.

Please see this article from BBC on the use of spider venom in helping to protect the brain from injury after a stroke.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-39335367

Kind regards,
Olivia
talkhealth

2 posts