What do you wear for work?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
lhbrighton

by lhbrighton on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:43 am

What do you wear for work?

I have moderate, sometimes severe eczema during bad flare ups. I’ve been reading the various threads and online advice around wearing 100% cotton clothing. I’ve managed to find plain tshirts but wondered what people do for workwear? I have client meetings to attend and have to dress up! Some have said about wearing a long sleeved tshirt below whatever clothes you want but this will likely make me overheat and make the itch worse, so wondered what other people do! Solutions and advice welcome! Thanks :)

Anna_123

by Anna_123 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:08 pm

Re: What do you wear for work?

Hi lhbrighton

I often have this same problem, where I need to dress smartly for work but also need to wear comfortable clothes against my skin when my eczema is particularly active.

My tips would be high heels and a smart, nicely fitted suit jacket. I will sometimes just wear black cotton leggings and either a long sleeve cotton tshirt or a cotton shirt/blouse in the office, then you can stick heels and a jacket on before you go into your meeting to make your outfit a bit smarter.

I tend to avoid plain back suits because unfortunately I get dry skin flakes sometimes and it shows badly. I have a couple of dark grey suits which have light coloured stripes or speckled fabric so it doesn’t show as bad.

I also can’t really do white shirts because I will usually scratch and get blood on it.

Let me know what you tend to do?

I’d be interested in any tips anybody else has too.

Anna

Bebopthebaddie

by Bebopthebaddie on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi all.

I have found that Gap has pure cotton or modal or even cotton/silk mix for workwear. I have a blazer pure cotton and lots of trousers. Very smart options but I only shop in the (frequent) sales.

Hope this helps!

saraluck9090

by saraluck9090 on Thu May 24, 2018 8:55 am

In the office, i usually prefer to wear simple, attractive and light color clothes to look best. I normally choose dresses according to the fashion and trend and prefer to use online brands for comfortable shopping with Reecoupons.
Last edited by talkhealth on Thu May 24, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms & conditions

4 posts