Suncream and Sun Protection Clothing

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

14 posts
bowbrook

by bowbrook on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Sun cream for eczema prone children??

Hi
Wondering if anyone can help. Both of my kids (age 4 and nearly 2) seem to be really sensitive to sun cream and it brings them out in eczema. After trying loads of different creams I found that E45 suncream worked a treat but have now found out it has been discontinued, grrrrrr...............
Anyone know anything else that seems to work? Or anywhere that has a secret supply of E45 suncream!!!
They only suffer mild eczema at any other time, it just seems to be the suncream that they are particularly sensitive to.
Thanks very much
Jo

sf34_22

by sf34_22 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: Sun cream for eczema prone children??

Have you tried E Bay? Thre is a lot of discontinued products sold on there for many months after they are withdrawn from the general market.

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Sun cream for eczema prone children??

We have SUN SENSE ULTRA on prescription for my 5 year old.

www.sunsense.co.uk

we used to buy one of their other range SUN SENSE SENSITIVE i think, but our dermatologist prescribed Ultra. It is about £12 to buy. The company are very helpful on the phone and sent us samples to try. Well worth giving them a go. Plus the ULTRA does not have that white paste effect!!
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

MaryCarter

by MaryCarter on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 am

Re: Suncream and Sun Protection Clothing

You should definitely dress bubs in the sun protection swimmers as they provide much more protection than just a swim nappy.... but more importantly keep your bubs (and yourself for that matter) out of the sun between the hours of 11am to 3pm when the sun is at its strongest!!

www.parcelbound.com
Last edited by admin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL overtly promoting an online shop/products not permitted. URL removed.

14 posts