Good Cream that works!!!

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

68 posts
Adamski

by Adamski on Sat May 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: Good Cream that works!!!

Thanks for the tips on this thread guys...have ordered a couple of creams.....will see which one works.( if any lol)

Cheers

kerrie106

by kerrie106 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:11 am

a weird an strange option but it has worked!!!

hi there
just thought i would share a very weird treatment i have used which has worked. i am 23 yrs old and have had eczema all my life coming an going (mostly coming)
but never really had it on my face until last yr iv been having the dry eyes and red itchy eyes and also had white discharge coming from them i was told it was forms eye infections etc etc etc but knew myself it wasnt so i took to the hospital who confirmed it was caused by my eczema they said that the discharge and itching was caused by dry falkes of skins going into my eyes and that i should keep them very mosturised which i must admit i was doing constantly to my horror i started to get eczmea bad round my mouth which looked absoulty horrible an i was so paranoid about it my doctor kept giving creams and tablets honestly i tried everything to get my eyes an mouth sorted and it wasnt until i lost my job due to it looking so bad as apparently i didnt have the ''correct image'' for my job that i decided enough was enough. i started buying herbal medicines any creams i had never used i was even using germoline on it i tried everything then one day i was in collecting my perscription fron my local chemist and i happened to mention to the pharmasist that i was coming to a dead end especially around my face cause after all you cant hide your face he suggested nappy rash cream more namely 'bepanthen' i thought it was very odd but he then went on to say how sensitive a babys skin is an that this cream has to stop the urine from getting near the rash so it formed a protective barrier against it while also providing moisture were needed...i thought why not i might as well cross another cream out....to my absoulty SHOCK and delight my mouth which had been broke out for 3 mouths straight and my eyes for 8months cleared in 3 DAYS!!!! i still cant believe it worked an i honeslty would suggest to anybody wanted an alternative treatment please please try this its unreal my skin on my face is sooo soft an the dry intchy eyes are gone an round my mouth it completely cleared.

hope this helps

kerrie

CinammonWaffleJ

by CinammonWaffleJ on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:14 am

Re: a weird an strange option but it has worked!!!

Can I ask, was the discharge from your eyes like a stringy thing? It would explain why i've been getting them is all!

I discovered bepanthen when it was recommended by my tattooist! It did work, but I reallllllllly dislike how sticky it is, when i got dressed i ended up sweating coz it kinda heated my skin up and then with clothes on top of that... well it's a pain for me haha!

Glad it works for you! People always recommend baby products to me coz they're so sensitive... I sometimes use baby shampoo! Not only does it soothe my scalp, it makes my hair nice and soft and smells so nice!
Never say goodbye because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.- Peter Pan ♥

kerrie106

by kerrie106 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:38 pm

hi yeah the discharge is very stringy its a weird feeling because i can feel it in my eye which makes me want to pick at my eyes which i know i shouldnt do but i cant seem to help it . I had been going for months to the doctors and they were lost for an explanation until i went to the hospital and they tested it so my advice is to constantly moisturise them i found diprobase is the best for it if you dont like the baby products i would use it alot too you will start to notice a hugh difference in about a week then it is literally just a matter of using the creams to keep it away i would say before you go to bed out the baby product on your eyes because it stays moist for longer i dont know about yourself but my eyes seem to be flared up in the mornings sometimes even swollen. my problem the past year has been make up i cant seem to find anything that doesnt irritate my skin and before that i could use anything its very strange.

hope the advice works

kerrie

CinammonWaffleJ

by CinammonWaffleJ on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:34 am

I've been given a new product to use called dexeryl! It's working magically! haha! I get the stringy bits in my eye... I've become a bit obsessed with pulling them out! Despite the fact they tickle my eyes like crazy! (Yes I know I'm weird!)

Have you tried using Boots No7 range? I can't speak for foundations or anything coz I don't like wearing it tbh... but the eyeshadows, eyeliners, mascaras and lip stuff are really good! =]
Never say goodbye because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.- Peter Pan ♥

Helen24

by Helen24 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi Kerrie

Wow! It sounds like I have had exactly the same kind of facial eczema as you - and there was me thinking I was the only one! I had a particularly bad flare-up last week, including big dry flaky patches around my mouth and chin, and sometimes the sides of my mouth would split and get sore. I used a lot of Vaseline which helped. I also used to get a lot of eye discharge, but I never realised it was to do with the eczema - I just thought it was an infection.

Can I ask, did you/do you get an uncontrollable urge to scratch your face sometimes? Mine starts off in the forehead area, then spreads to my cheeks. It's really horrible because of all the dead skin flakes which come off, leaving me puffy-eyed and generally yucky. I don't know when I started doing it, but it's been going on for months & luckily I live on my own so nobody sees me doing it. I'm just worried because I'm going on holiday with friends in March and I hope I can get it under control by then.

I hope the 'bepanthen' stuff works for you. I wouldn't recommend Diprobase for your face though as it's quite strong. I used it for a while and ended up looking like I had third degree burns!

Helen

JulieR

by JulieR on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:57 am

Renew by Melaleuca! THE BEST!!

Jane-eczema

by Jane-eczema on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi

I have been suffering with eczema all of my life. now I have it under control and the only cream I need is the recuperating cream from dermatique.co.uk
I hope I can help lots of you lovely poeple by posting my message.

God Bless

kerrie106

by kerrie106 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:51 pm

hi helen

yea my eyes are/ were the same as that but to be honest i found out the cause was the dry flakes getting into my eyes which then caused the irritation since then iv been constantly apllying cream on and around my eyes and more important on my forehead as the doctor said that when the flakes fall they will fall into your eyebrows and the your eyes so my advice is to keep your eyes esp ur forehead mosturised stop the flakes falling into your eyes. I was at the dermotologists on wed and they gave me a cream called fuciden for my face and it has helped i must say im pretty much cleared up already

hope this helps

kerrie

bonfish

by bonfish on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:16 am

awesome!!! i have spent the last 2 years trying to figure out what was happening to my face!! i have these violently red patches of skin on my cheeks and on my jawline they have only appeared and stayed for the last 2 years i never really had huge issues with the eczema on my face just all over my body, i also get the stringy white eye thingys as well and yes think im the only one who gets them the doctor told me they werent anything and so yes i also thought i just had an eye infection due to something to do with eczema this is great news and will try some bepanthen and see how it works i never even thought of using that i use baby shampoo on my hair due to eczema on my scalp this is such great news thank u =)

68 posts