Good Cream that works!!!

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

68 posts
clairewales

by clairewales on Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:18 pm

Re: Moisturisers and Emollients

Try diluting the epaderm in a small amount of water which makes it less sticky. You can also put it on at night and cover your limbs in 'tubifast blue line' which doesn't affect your circulation like tubigrip!!

Trinity

by Trinity on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:07 pm

cliniderm works well but is exspensive

tb063128

by tb063128 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:44 am

I've posted before but to add on- I've just tried "California Baby Calming Mosturizing Cream" for babies and adults which can be used on the face body and lips- it works great! I got it at Whole Foods , it has no bad chemicals etc etc... I strongly suggest giving it a shot since it is made specifically for eczema. I normally use cetaphil cream but this does not work as well as the california baby and plus this new stuff can be used on the face too. it s very gentle and smells great... It's only been 3 days and i love the stuff

gavincrane85

by gavincrane85 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:34 pm

THIS SITE IS WAY TOO CONFUSING ALL I WANT TO ASK IS,IM 23 AND SUFFERED ALL MY LIFE AND WHAT GUYS DO ABOUT SHAVING? COS MY FACE IS BADLY AFFECTED WHEN SHAVING, AND IM USING BAD STEROID OINTMENT CALLED ELECON, NOW MY FACE IS STARTING TO TURN A MESS AND ALL BECAUSE OF A SHAVE PLUS SUFFER WITH SEVERE DRY SKIN, MY BED SHEETS IS COVERED EVERY MORNING!! PLESE HELP ME OUT. MY EMAIL IS GAVINCRANE85@YAHOO.COM(LOWER CASE)

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:35 pm

Gavin

Sorry I cannot help you. Have you thought of starting a new topic on this? You may find you get some help that way was the title may draw people to the specific problem of mens shaving. I do hope someone can help.

Good luck
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

gecko

by gecko on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:57 pm

Going back to the original thread about emollients etc: if, like me, you find heavy creams like Unguentum Merck etc too "sticky" and they sort of lay on your skin and make it uncomfortable, greasy and if anything, even more irritated, try Aveeno Cream. It works for me, I only put it on in the morning after my shower, and it lasts me all day. (My skin is extremely dry and I have severe atopic eczema - all over but not all the time - usually!)

katedal

by katedal on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:18 pm

Good Cream that works!!!

Hello,

I have had Eczema all over my body since I was a child and now at 23 years I have found a cream which keeps my Eczema at bay.

It is called Aveeno 24 hour Moisturising with sher butter and oatmeal - it's only this one that seems to work.

I no longer get Eczema since I have started using this cream and if I stop using it the Eczema comes back which shows it works.

I have advised this cream to many friends and family who all use this to cue their Eczema now. Please give it a go as it took me ages to find something that actually works!

annp

by annp on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Good Cream that works!!!

Hi
Where do I get this cream from :!:

bubble32

by bubble32 on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi, I have an 8 year old daughter who literally rips her skin to the point that it's bleeding. She gets bad patches on her chest, groin arms and legs as well as her scalp in the summer when she's warm.
A friend recommended a company called "Pure Potions". It's a range of creams designed by the mother of a fellow sufferer, who wanted a range of completely drug/chemical free treatments. The product is made from ingredients such as olive oil, fruit oil, beeswax, hemp seed oil and a load of other things too. At £6.30 for 30ml, £11 for 60ml and £16.50 for 120ml it's not cheap, but having worked our way through all the things such as Simple, E45 etc,etc and not wanting to resort to steroid creams again, it seemed a natural choice. After a very tearful evening last week where we had to sit with a fan on my daughters body to cool her down and stop the itch, I ordered a tub which we used for the first time last night, after doing a patch test to check for allergies (Which was fine!) There is a noticeable difference this morning after just 1 application and the friend who advised me to try it says her son's eczema has totally cleared up. I am hoping, fingers crossed, that this will be the answer to my daughter's prayers who says she just wants "soft skin" again.
Hope this helps

bubble32

by bubble32 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Hello, me again.

Just to let you all know, we have been using the cream from Pure Potions since last Saturday and all my daughter's eczema has gone and so too has the itching.
Never mind Pure Potions, this is Magic Potion in a bottle! :D

68 posts