Scarred/Red Face

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
b.firth1

by b.firth1 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:21 am

Scarred/Red Face

Hi, my names Ben. I'm a 16 year old male that has had eczema since I was born. In the last 2 years it has gotten a lot worse than what is used to be when I was 13/14. At the start of 2016 I had a really bad month/month and a half of eczema mainly on my face. I experienced extremely dry skin, enough to were it was flaking like a sunburn, bad scabs forming and even infections. I was on a course of anti-biotics, creams and steroid creams. It cleared up late 2016 to were I was happy with it, but ever since then I have had what I think is a scarred face. There is a distinct line starting at the top of my neck, where it goes from smooth clear skin to a more rough feel, but extremely red, almost like I'm sunburnt. It also used to be extremely dry but I have since found the perfect moisturiser for me which is working perfectly, and I am using a awesome face wash, both of these stopped the "flaking" and dry skin for the most part, sometimes I still get patches but usually goes away with some warm water on my face and moisturise. I am just really get annoyed at how red it is, and what tips you guys would I have to stop this. I drink plently of water, sleep with a fan on, wear loose fitting clothes to make sure I don't sweat etc, what else can I do? I'm taking Vitamin C Tablets at the moment aswell because I have been told more Vitamin C can help reduce eczema redness.
Thank you!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Re: Scarred/Red Face

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the talkhealth forums and thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear about the problems you have been having. We have a whole host of articles on eczema, and you may be able to find some advice here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/ta ... ticles.php

Alternatively, we also have a Patient Support Programme, myeczemachild, which has been designed for those aged between 0-17 living with eczema. This may also help and can be found here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/eczema.php

Additionally, it may be worth seeing your GP or local dermatologist to see if there is anything they can do to help. We will put your question out on Twitter and see if our community have any further hints or tips that could help!

Thanks,
The talkhealth Team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

jass2018

by jass2018 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Scarred/Red Face

Hi,

Where you say you have a red scar, does the colour go down at all naturally?

Also, is the skin flat looking and it's more of a line of red skin rather in that it's not necessarily a scar but you're missing the outer layer of normal skin as if it's just irritated skin.

3 posts