Immunology

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
gileskell

by gileskell on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Immunology

Hi all, new member here. Im a 34 year old eczema sufferer. Over last 15 years I have had it in various different areas, but now it is localised to my hands and its bad - always itchy, flaky, red, weeping, cracked and generally horrific. Makes life unbearable sometimes doesnt it? I cant do the things I want like golf, tennis - and it gets me down! You know what I mean. I have had it with topical steroids - it may clear for a week but it always comes back! I have been prescribed Prednisolone but I cant bring myself to take it, I just dont like the side effects and I dont really trust the medical profession knows what its doing (my wife is a nurse and to be fair she has been right many times about GPs / Consultants not knowing what they are doing). I had great results with homeopathy a few years ago but it returned. I am considering immunotherapy - anyone got any comments on this? Stress is factor for me I think - I am a lawyer and its stressful and a very hot office! Cheers

donna86

by donna86 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: Immunology

Hi if its localised to your hands have you thought of soap or hand wash that you use, try to find one without sodium laureth sulfate in as that can cause eczema hope this helps!

JulieR

by JulieR on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:34 am

Re: Immunology

Sounds familiar. My daughter had horrible excema. She's been clear for about 8 years now simply by switching to safer laundry, personal care and cleaning supplies.

3 posts