New prescriptions

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
AnnaB

by AnnaB on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: New prescriptions

These are both good.

Clobetasone butyrate ointment, is also known as Elocon and is the stronger of the 2. Mometasone furoate cream, the is also known as Eumovate. We have had good results with both. My childrens faces both respond well to the Eumovate. The Elocon some times stings but it soon passes. Good luck.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:39 pm

That is great news, do you know to keep using them until the under layers of skin are healed and not just the skinssurface. Good luck
AnnaB
Forum Moderator

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:27 pm

May be. Keep using the cream until the under layers of skin have healed and not just the surface. The aim the hospital set us to work to is once a flare has been taken down and all layers healed to try and work on a weekend therapy strategy. That is to apply the steroid to the bad areas each weekend even if skin seems ok to prevent a flare starting. This can work quite well. Good luck.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi

I can only talk from our experince. My son's face always looked burnt it was so red yet the skin on his face was not broken like the rest of him. They hospital put him on Cetirizine everyday over 2 years ago and it has helped greatly reduce his face flares. It is just an anti histamine, but unlike piriton does not make him sleepy so he can cope in the day, I can still use piriton as well when he is bad.

Anna
AnnaB
Forum Moderator

4 posts