Nothing is working

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
sneakyserna

by sneakyserna on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:53 am

Nothing is working

Ive been suffering from eczema since 2015 and nothing is working except for corticosteroids ointments. (foskina B / bactreat B) these are the ones available here in the Philippines and both have steroids. Ive tried different lotions from healthy options but it didn't work. I even changed my diet and ditch my fabric softener and stick to just the regular no scent laundry soap. Even if i use corticosteroids, yes the affected area will improve but after a week or two, it keeps on coming back. It's not worse than you think, I mean it already improved compared to before. But still, it never stops, and always very itchy. I have on my fingers, elbows, arms, underarms, lower back, on my side (obliques area), hips and ankles. Help please :)

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:22 pm

Re: Nothing is working

Hi sneekyserna

Thank you for your post. Please have a look at our free support programme, mydryskin, which may be of interest, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/mydryskin.php.

Kind regards.
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

CastorOil4Eczema

by CastorOil4Eczema on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:31 am

Re: Nothing is working

Try castor oil. Data shows why castor oil works for most of the people that tried it. The skin barrier or acid mantle is made up of a layers of dead skin cells bound together by a mixture of fatty acids, ceramides and cholesterol lipids that prevents loss of water from the deeper layers of the skin also to stop harmful elements from penetrating into the skin. This can get damaged. It can also be repaired. Pressed from the seeds of the castor plant. The oil is composed of fatty acids, 90% of which is ricinoleic acid which is unique. The acid has antimicrobial properties, anti-inflammatory properties, helps lubricate the skin and lock in moisture. It provides skin with the missing fatty acids. Castor oil is a pure, all natural plant oil so it doesn't harm the skin. It can be used on open skin. It can be found at most pharmacies (CVS) although you'll get a better deal online. It's also important to note that this may not be the only problem which is why it doesn't work for everyone. Because most eczema is internal it is important to address that. Nevertheless it doesn't mean that you have to pick one or the other.

Castor oil is working great for me. Before using it I had open eczema sores, broken skin and rashes all over my lower legs. Half way thru the night, I would have to reapply wet wraps. 3 weeks later, it's 80% gone. I can sleep thru the night. It's 95% gone on my lower legs but 10 days after I started using it, it spread to other parts of my body as a light rash so you may want to use it on your whole body. I was applying it 4 times a day. Now I'm down to twice a day and no longer need wet wraps. My eczema is down to a light itch now and then.

3 posts