Is anyone using Salcura? Would love feedback

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Annie

by Annie on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:13 pm

Is anyone using Salcura? Would love feedback

Hello all, I am so pleased to have found this forum. Reading your stories has been inspiring and there is a real sense of solidarity and community spirit here. I am sad for all of you dealing with your chidlren's eczema - there is nothing worse than watching your little ones suffer. Thankfully, my own son has not inherited my eczema.

I am 56 and have suffered with eczema all my life. In adulthood it has mostly been confined to the back of my hands, but over the last six months I have had a huge flare-up and it and it has spread to my palms, arms, legs and back. Due to some difficult family issues there has been a lot of stress, and I am sure this has greatly contributed to the worsening of my eczema.

I have been managing it with the usual array of cortisone creams over the years. As you all know, as soon as you stop applying them, the rash and itch come back a vengeance and you start all over again. This is one merry-go-round I would dearly love to get off! For a start, I am not looking at anything with steroids and/or paraffin in it ever again! This is the reason I am not going back to the doctor with this latest flare-up - what else is he going to offer me?!

I have been dairy-free and vegetarian for a number of years, not only for health but also due to animal welfare issues. I have tried every natural remedy/supplement/diet there is, plus spent a fortune on natural and organic skin care. I still believe the solution is in there somewhere, I just have not found the right combination yet. When the rash is at its worst and I scratch my skin to shreds every night, I have tended to switch creams almost daily, always searching for THE wonder remedy that will cure me in hours! :lol: When that (obviously!) does not happen, I am on to the next cream/oil/lotion. This frenzied chopping and changing does not allow time for anything to work, I know, and very possibly aggravates the situation by bombarding an already compromised skin with too many substances, even if they are natural ones.

So - I am going to take a leap of faith and concentrate on one product for a month, come what may. I have heard such good things about Salcura, and after trying a sample, I have just ordered their intensive spray and Zeoderm cream. Fingers crossed, they will arrive tomorrow. Their customer service is wonderful - very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Is anyone on the board using this and if so, what can you tell me? I am hoping for some good news here! :)

Bes wishes to you all from Annie

Annie

by Annie on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:39 pm

P.S. If you are not using Salcura.....

... but have another natural remedy you swear by, please let me know, too. I'm a girl that likes to have a back-up plan! :lol:

Annie

1635Mary

by 1635Mary on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Re: Is anyone using Salcura? Would love feedback

Hi Annie

I completely agree with you regarding the steroid merry-go-round. I too have jumped off on behalf of my son who is now 11 years. I've been using Elenas Nature Remedies for almost a year now and although it is expensive, it is managing his eczema better than anything else I've tried. If you do decide to try it however, you must stay with it for 3 months to get the full benefit.

The worst times were during the summer months, when he flared up a few times, but I stayed with the regime and eventually his skin cleared up again. He is approx 80% clear at the moment. The stubborn patches are around the knees and feet.

This has really worked for us although the expense does concern me at times and I'm tempted to look for something more reasonable in price and yet I don't want to budge from something that is working.

Good luck with the search and if you are successful in finding a natural product that works, please let us know.

Regards
Mary

3 posts