Prednisolone

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
gavinsmom

by gavinsmom on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:38 am

Prednisolone

My son is 3 1/2 and has eczema caused by food and environmental allergies, plus we live in the very dry southwest. Our doctor gave us prednisone and it works AMAZINGLY. But I am very worried about side effects. He has been on this for several months and I know I need to get him off it, but every time I take him off it, he flares up again. Any advice? The doc also gave us hydroxyzine, which works with itching at night.

carol

by carol on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Prednisone

I take the same at night, I am allergic to prednisone, nearly killed me,doctor had never seen anything like it. I have a cortisone cream that does not absorb into the blood stream,that I use daily. I use hemp lotion, Aveeno oil , baby oil gel, and baby powder cornstarch. Cotton everything and keep on the cool side.

curechildeczema

by curechildeczema on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: Prednisolone

Taking good care of your baby's skin is crucial. Try to keep your baby's skin from becoming too dry. Talk with her doctor about how often to bathe her. When bathing him/ her, use a mild soap, and wash and shampoo your baby at the end of her bath so she isn't sitting in soapy water
Natural Eczema Remedies For Children. Download Free Report at http://www.CureChildEczema.com

3 posts