Eczema around eyes

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
imogen99

by imogen99 on Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:35 am

Eczema around eyes

In the autumn I developed eczema around my eyes. It progressed and my GP prescribed me hydrocortisone. It helped but, if I didn't use it for two days, my eyes would become so dry that they would crack and even sometimes bleed.

After purchasing different moisturisers meant to help at the pharmacy, I went back to the doctor as most moisturisers would cause my eyes to swell and be almost just as painful. I was told to use Dermol to wash my face, use Aveeno daily and to use hydrocortisone when needed. However, although it has helped, it did not control the eczema to a comfortable state and I really can't go without hydrocortisone for more than a few days.

With the complications of COVID-19, I am unable to have any further help and my eyes are painful and so itchy (although I really try not to touch them). My doctor mentioned in passing that dairy might be unhelpful so I have cut it out completely and it has definitely eased the intensity of the eczema. I was wondering if anyone had anything they could recommend in the time being whilst I am unable to get a doctors appointment? I would be really grateful for any advice as I do not have much experience with eczema

Thank you!

imi

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:48 am

Re: Eczema around eyes

Hi imogen99,

Sorry to hear of your painful and uncomfortable eczema.

Have you seen our free dry skin support programme?

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/mydryskin.php

Another area you may want to consider is balancing your gut micro-biome. A lot of people have had relief from that. Please have a look at one of our client's website, 'Chuckling Goat,' where they discuss all about how incorporating good bacteria into your diet can help with skin conditions. Its treating the problem from the inside out and it is fascinating. They have kefir, skin creams and teas.

https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk

They are currently helping the NHS frontline staff who have developed dermatitis and eczema from all their hand washing.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Ellie1996

by Ellie1996 on Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:44 am

Re: Eczema around eyes

Hi. I've had problems with eczema around the eyes on and off for about two year now. I rarely wear make up and when I do I just avoid the eyes as it irritates them too much. I also use a product called Epaderm ointment which I apply after I wash my face in the morning/evening. It's available on the high street or online pretty easily - you can buy it from Ebay or Boots. It's the same consistency of Vaseline but so instantly relieving. Hope this helps.

3 posts