Toctino - anyone tried it? I would like to hear from you!

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

97 posts
moslater

by moslater on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Toctino - anyone tried it? I would like to hear from yo

I haven't been taking vitamin a with the toctino just the camomile tea. The headaches ain't a problem but starting to get a sore back at the top and front of my chest, seems to be my muscles. One more question about the sun is it bad being on toctino and being in the sun as summer is coming up?

conitchewa

by conitchewa on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi Moslater -

Oh good, I must have misunderstood what you wrote. : )

Well, I wouldn't avoid the sun altogether but you should definitely take precautions when you are out in the sun. Cover up, use a sunscreen, avoid peak burning hours... This medication will make you burn more easily.

Sore muscles seem to be a common side effect as well. So is hair loss. So be prepared. It does grow back. Good luck....

victoriaa

by victoriaa on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi all,
well I've been on toctino for a week now, I had bad headaches for the first few days , but they have subsided now,thankfully, I've had dry eyes, feeling quite gritty, and a sore mouth especially the roof of my mouth, don't know if this has anything to do with toctino, but my hands are looking much better, the inflammation has settled for the first time in years, I can put up with the symptoms if it cures my hands. So fingers crossed, I'll keep you posted x :D

victoriaa

by victoriaa on Fri May 02, 2014 11:40 pm

Thanks Helen I will

Vikki

Joy from uk

by Joy from uk on Mon May 05, 2014 8:39 am

Hi Guys
I am a 52 year old female from uk I hadn't suffered from any eczema since I was a child and then I only got it on my scalp but for the last 2years
I have been suffering with something on my hands and feet and nothing seems to clear it. I have had patch testing I have no allergies that they can find. I have tried many different things to relieve the symptoms. They are the same as you guys intense itching especially at night. Deep cracks and fissures that ache when you take the pressure off them, peeling skin etc etc. I have tried conventional medicine and herbal I even tried Raki nothing worked. A dermatologist at our hospital has suggested Toctino he gave me a very scary leaflet about the drug and it's side effects. After reading this form though I feel a bit more at ease. I had already decided to give it ago as I couldn't see how the side effects could disable me more than my hands and feet do at the moment . So I hope to start the treatment soon and will keep you posted.
Thank you for the inspiration
Joy x

victoriaa

by victoriaa on Wed May 07, 2014 12:51 am

Hi everyone,
Well I've been on toctino for two weeks , I still get headaches, not so bad now though. My eyes are very dry and my vision seems to be affected, and my mouth is still sore , the eczema on my feet has gone, although it wasn't so bad to start off with, and my hands are so much better, my left hand has nearly cleared up, right hand still quite dry but continuously putting double base cream on them. Got blood tests tomorrow for a checkup, so hopefully nothing comes from that, I'll keep you posted

Vikki

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed May 07, 2014 3:47 am

Take care Vikki, thanks for the update, hope the side effects will lessen, hugs!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

victoriaa

by victoriaa on Tue May 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi guys,
Update on toctino, well I'm on week 4 now, I can't believe the difference in my skin, my left hand is clear, and my right hand is nearly cleared up of all dryness, my skin is soft again and not like boot leather!!!' It's wonderful, although my mouth is still sore, my eyes don't feel so dry anymore, still getting headaches but am willing to put up with the symptoms, wish I'd heard of them years ago. So far so good !!!!!!

Vikki XX

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed May 28, 2014 3:27 am

Good to hear Vikki!
xx
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

97 posts