UVB Light Therapy

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
lindsay11

by lindsay11 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:29 pm

UVB Light Therapy

Has anyone tried UVB Light Therapy for their eczema? My skin always gets better when I go somewhere warm and sunny (I live in a cold, dry climate in Canada). I've been doing a lot of reading on narrowband UVB light therapy and am thinking of purchasing a device so I can do spot treatment in my own home. Does anyone know if this works?

Thanks!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:55 am

Re: UVB Light Therapy

Hi lindsay11,

Thank you for posting on the forum. Hopefully other members who have experienced this kind of therapy, will be able to give you some positive feedback. If you do decide to go down this route, do keep us posted on how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Crow1482

by Crow1482 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:10 am

Hello,
I would always suggest speaking with you Dr First.
After having my first child my eczema blew up and the only thing that did help me was my light treatment unit. I was 90% covered. Personally it was about weighing the benefits to the possible side effects. Just like the sun it can age you , cause burns ,and possibly skin cancer.

For me tho I couldn’t live a normal everyday life without it at that period. It helped keep any infections at bay and kept reactions low. While not perfect It also seemed a more natural way to go then taking Methotrexate or more steroids.

Hopefully this helps.
Good luck!

grindwalter

by grindwalter on Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:40 pm

I have not tried UVB Light Therapy for eczema, where can I buy one? Thanksk

4 posts