bad eczema, Help please

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
jgerber7

by jgerber7 on Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:03 pm

bad eczema, Help please

Hi! I have always had eczema, it has always been pretty controlled, when I sweat or played sports I would get rashes, and itchy in between my arms and behind my legs. Now about a year ago my eczema got really bad, it is now on my face(around my mouth and between my eyebrows, as well as my arms. I have tried all the steroid cream and medicine, but It does not really help and I am trying to be as natural/clean to try and get this figured out. I also have asthma and environmental allergies. I am looking for natural remedies or any tips of why it just flared up and how to stop it.. I moved to a different house two years ago, things that I know that have changed when moving was the water is more hard water, I went almost all the way plant based. I took a food sensitivity test and the top things were dairy, eggs, gluten and soy. I took all of those out and definitely noticed a difference, but noticed if I have any alcohol it flares and gets itchy and red on my face, also when I sweat which frustrates me as I love to hike and do stuff outside and I dont want this to stop me. I am really just wanting to figure this out and I don't know if theres ways to help heal my gut if that has to do with it to but it takes away from my every day waking up and having to deal with it cause it is so uncomfortable and I never used to be this bad.. Please any help, advice, recommendations are very appreciated. Thank you!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:12 pm

Re: bad eczema, Help please

Sorry to hear that.. have to see dermatologist. Sometimes it's bacterial overload which requires taking antibiotics to kill the staph bacteria, and then the skin can heal better. Can be many reasons why it suddenly turned worse and may not necessarily be allergy-related. Happened to my daughter. Eczema skin very prone to bacterial infection.. if you want to pursue natural treatment or steroid-free treatment, can speak to dermatologist about it also, these days many are more open-minded to patients being worried about topical cream, don't let that deter you from seeing a dermatologist, take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Experermentist

by Experermentist on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:33 pm

Hi jgerber, I’ve had bad eczema and asthma for 40 years. Through some bad luck about 18 months ago, I think I’ve found how to get rid of eczema and although not get rid of my asthma, it is hardly noticeable. I am only saying think because I don’t want to jump the gun too early but at the same time I want to tell everyone as soon as possible because everyday having eczema is a nightmare when it’s bad. Through bad luck(gambling) I had to move out my house and ended up sleeping in my car for about 8 months. During this time my eczema disappeared by about the 5 weeks. I knew it was getting better because even when I take my clothes and the air touches my skin I really want to scratch and this stopped happening. I eventually got back on my feet again and moved into a flat. After about 2 or 3 months the eczema was back and I was using my blue inhaler loads though out the day. I looked back and wondered what was different from living in a car to living in a flat(apart from the obvious).
I have narrowed it down to two things which are mould and dust mites. I read that it’s the dust mite droppings that contain a protein that when inhaled it causes a huge immune response. The mould spores might do the same I don’t know for sure.
So I bought a dust resistant mask and dusted everyday. I opened my windows a lot to stop any mould from coming. I also bought an air purifier that captures mould spores and dust mite dropping. I didn’t see much change but kept at it and after about 5 weeks it’s started to get better. It kept getting better and is now almost gone after 7 weeks. I don’t know which it is and it may even be a combination of both but to me that was the cause.
Cheers

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:00 am

thanks for sharing and I hope your 'bad luck' is over :)

Yes, mold and dust mites are top allergens. We wash bedsheet weekly with hot water cycle to kill the dust mites. If it's really bad, can consider getting cheap mattress that can be thrown out every six months/year.

Hope things keep improving, cheers
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

MaryRiyanna

by MaryRiyanna on Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:04 am

Sorry to hear about your situation and I can relate to you. Being with an eczema-affected skin texture is really a painful experience. I've even joined many forums and have subscribed to many weekly and monthly articles related to eczema. But the fact is, I'm not able to find a permanent solution to this skin condition. When I use skin products for eczema, they literally give me temporary relief but after a period of time, the same scenario recurs. What I'm using now is the Cetaphil skin products for eczema and it is working effectively on my skin texture. I started using it as per the recommendation of my dermatologist. Dealing with eczema is not an easy task. Mental stress, depression, anxiety are all partners of this condition.
I'm not sure whether you have found a good solution to tackle your skin issue. Always be strong and never lose hope. Everything will be fine. You will also find a great way to combat your eczema skin texture. Initially, I was also emotionally broken to see my skin looking cracked, inflamed and itchy. But regained my consciousness and dealt it with an easy mind itself. Do regular exercises and have gallons of water every day. Avoid using harsh chemicals and use skincare products that are specifically formulated for eczema-prone skin only. You will see a change for sure.
Hope that everything will come in the way you want it to be :)

moraik555@gmail.com

by moraik555@gmail.com on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:55 am

I've made a recent discovery about how to suppress my eczema cheaply and with no bad side effects. I get it as soon as winter starts on the back of my hands and occasionally inside my hand in the palm area. By mistake I spilled Instant glue on a breakout area of my palm where I had dryness, some small pustules and a little skin cracking. It stung when it went on but after it dried I continued to work on the project I was working on and by evening when I was going to bed I still had the glue all over the breakout area. I wasn't too worried as I'm aware that doctors use Instant glue in surgery all the time for wounds. I noticed that the itching and soreness I usually feel in that break out area hadn't bothered me all afternoon and I could see the pustules and redness had significantly receded. Usually it would be sore and itchy if I touch it but now it was not itchy and there was Avery minimal soreness. By the next day all soreness was gone. I thought about the situation and remembered a product called New Skin which I got on Amazon for a reduced price in the larger 1 fluid oz. Bottle but had gotten previously in a pharmacy. All pharmacies carry it. When u have a cut instead of using a vantage you pant this clear liquid on with the included brush and it forms a clear shiny seal, waterproof, over the wound for 2 or 3 days when u need to re-apply. I've tried that since and it works great to suppress my hand eczema. Last winter for the first time I got eczema on my jaw line and fargead. I refuse to touch or scratch it because I didn't want to kick it up and get it all nasty looking. I realized it was hot to the touch so in the evening and morning I held a bag of frozen peas on it to make it as cold as possible. This suppressed the outbreak after a number of days and it never got nasty looking. Don't take nasty drugs with bad side effects. Try these more natural solutions. Next I m going to get some beeswax and look at it in its natural form or maybe with some additives to make a cream to seal the areas of my hands when breakouts occur. I'll get back to you when I know more. Good luck to you & wish u health.

6 posts