Disturbed Sleep - Hot and Sweaty - Help!

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
polkaroo

by polkaroo on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:57 am

Disturbed Sleep - Hot and Sweaty - Help!

I'm in my late 20's, diagnosed with eczema for about 5 years now. It's been and off although now it's ON. Pretty much covers my entire body, scalp, face, neck, chest, back, arms and legs. I've tried everything and currently on Protopic. As much as it semi-works, I've been using it for the past year. And honestly I want to jump into a tub of this stuff but I want to get off medicines as they all have side effects!

Recently last week I've begun to notice that I get very hot and sweaty. So much so that in fact I sleep under just a duvet cover. It's only the parts that touch the bed that get hot, sweaty and itchy. So.. if I sleep on my back, my back is hot and sweaty and very uncomfortable that I need to change positions, but my front is cold due to lack of a comforter!

My doctor gave me doxepin (an anti-depressant, really) to help relieve the itchyness and get me sleeping. It works a bit but I don't want to be dependent on it.

I need to sleep around 10 hours to get 7 hours of sleep on a good night, and that amount is decreasing.

It's very depressing since none of my friends have this problem.

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 pm

Re: Disturbed sleep: sweaty and too hot

Have you condsidered using DermaTherapy Bedding? There is information about this in our Eczema Care section.

I'm about to trial it for my daughter, Alice's eczema - will provide feedback in a few weeks. In the US it has a Class 1 registration as a Medical Device for use in the treatment of atopic eczema.

I hope this helps.
Deborah - Founder
TalkHealth Partnership
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:08 am

I have tried this for my son and it was terrible. Like sleeping on a plastic sheet. We only bought the pillow cases to try. I'd happily forward them to you to try before you spend your money. They were not cheap. Anna
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

jadeypie

by jadeypie on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:23 pm

I am the same! sleep is a complete nightmare which is making me even more irrational about my skin in the day. I havtn found anything that works. protopic just really sting on my skin. I tired antihistimines to help with sleep but they dont really help that much, the weak ones dont work and the strong ones conk me out so i cant wake up in the morning. Hope you've found something that helps, let me know
Jade

4 posts