Natural Baby Products

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

14 posts
Isaac

by Isaac on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:32 am

Has anyone used Aloe Propolis Cream on Babies

It's just too heart-breaking to see my 6 months old rubbing and scratching himself all day. He has ezema since 3 weeks old and been suffering especially at night. His face is especially bad and looks like bleeding. GPs and dermatologists advised the same old stories... useless unless use steriod... I mean steriod on a young baby is just too hard to bear.

I just read about Aloe Propolis Cream... has anyone used it on babies? effective?

Thanks.

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Has anyone used Aloe Propolis Cream on Babies

Hi

I share your heartbreak. I tried this on my son many years ago and got no result. Try it. I tried it on one leg for 2 weeks and his normal prescription creams on the other. There was no difference. But it came with such positive reports it must work for some. Good luck.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Isaac

by Isaac on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Aveeno Baby cream

Pls help... I want to try Aveeno baby Soothing Relief Moisture cream on my 7 month old baby. Heard it is good for moderate Eczema, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Boots only do the adult range.

Anybody with any ideas?

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Aveeno Baby cream

Hi

I didn't know there was a baby range. I was told you cannot use Aveeno on children under either 1 or 3 years old. Sorry I know that is random but it is something to do with allergies with the Oatmeal. The customer care line on a sample I have is 0845 6012261 Johnson & Johnson. I am sure they will advise you fully.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator

deborah822

by deborah822 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:37 pm

That's interesting. I have been suggested to use Aveeno baby cream on my son since he was about 2 months old. I have never had any trouble with it, but I have found thicker creams to be more effective.

Isaac

by Isaac on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Yes, I have called Aveeno in the UK and they advised me that their adult range can be used on babies too.. but I think it's best to use the baby range for babies. There has to be a difference....

Deborah822 : where do you buy your Aveeno baby range?

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:16 pm

I was under the impression that the Oats content made it unsuitable for risk of setting off allergies?
AnnaB
Forum Moderator

danielsmum

by danielsmum on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:54 pm

I know this thread has kind of been answered but wanted to share my experience in case it helps.
We have been prescribed Aveeno cream and bath additive by 2 different GP surgeries (we moved) for both my sons who are now 6 months and 4 years old. My youngest has suffered with atopic eczema since he was about 8 weeks old and I have always used this on him with no negative effects. We have never been told about allergy risk and have found it works well (although agree with other message that sometimes a thicker cream would be better). The children's nurse who supports families with eczema knows I use this cream and although we discussed possible reactions and allergies never raised this product to be an issue for us.
Thought I would also share that I have just been looking up the ingredients of this and other recently prescribed eczema creams and am horrified by the ingredients and the possible side effects they may have (look at parabens and sodium lauryl sulphate which are very common ingredients). I have found Aveeno to be the least 'chemical' of all the creams and emollients we have been offered and am sticking with it for now. I am in the process of trying coconut oil as it is a natural product and is highly moisturising although this cannnot be used by those with a nut allergy.

danielsmum

by danielsmum on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Natural Baby Products

My 6 month old son has mild atopic eczema and I am looking for the most natural chemical free products possible to keep him itch free and happy. I am currently trying out 100% coconut oil which I got from my local chemists but was wondering what anyone else had found worked well?

Isaac

by Isaac on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:56 pm

Re: natural products for my baby

Hi there, I read up a lot on the internet and done a lot of research about natural products for my 7 months old baby as I really couldn't bear seeing him on steriods once he is flared up.

Burt's Bees baby cream and Aloe Propoli and also Aveeno baby cream could be good. Read that bee's product contain anti-inflammatary elements, hence good for a lot of things. Aloe Vera is also good for skin infections.

I was just about to try the Burt's Bee baby cream, but then I (I mean my 7 months baby) was put on a course of steriod by the Dematolgist, so I have to leave things for 6 weeks now...

Be good to know your result if you decided to use them...good luck.

14 posts