Where can I get 100% cotton school socks?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
Jimbob

by Jimbob on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Where can I get 100% cotton school socks?

I am trying to find 100% cotton school socks at a reasonable price. I know they sell them at cotton comfort but they are overpriced. We have found that with my son's cream other products we have bought from there have not lasted that well. The cotton gets bobbly despite following the washing instructions.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Where can I get 100% cotton school socks?

I know! I've been searching for white socks for my toddler and it's so difficult - her current ones are either lost or worn out from washing, kept slipping under the shoe!

Cheers!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

lynettejohn

by lynettejohn on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:53 am

You can buy really good socks from Citrusox. The quality of the socks is really good and they offer great deals as well.

fionareid30

by fionareid30 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi

These socks are 98% cotton 2% elastine and in school colors and from kids to adult sizes.

http://www.cambridgebaby.co.uk/catalog/ ... th=186_201&

hope it helps
Fiona

Merran001

by Merran001 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:55 pm

100% cotton socks are really difficult to find for a few reasons;
Firstly 100% cotton is a difficult fibre to use in production of socks as it has little natural stretch, elastane, spandex etc is neccessary to help it return to shape. Cotton tends to grow with each wash and does lose it's shape more quickly than socks with a synthetic blend.
However all that said, it's a beautiful fabric to wear, it wicks moisture away from the foot allowing it to evaporate, keeping the foot dry and it is a natural anti-bacterial.
"The "breathability" of natural fibre textiles makes their wearers less prone to skin rashes, itching and allergies often caused by synthetics. Garments, sheets and pillowcases of organic cotton or silk are the best choice for children with sensitive skins or allergies, while hemp fabric has both a high rate of moisture dispersion and natural anti-bacterial properties"
.International Year of Natural Fibres 2009 website
Secondly, in many of the countries where socks are produced "Pure Cotton" is anything above 75% cotton which confuses our searches.
Finally, they are more expensive to produce, are heavier to ship and will be more expensive in the local market.
Where can I find cotton socks?
US- Carters
Australia - Sydney Socks from Cotton School
UK - Cambridge baby

PS. Bamboo has the same qualities as cotton, is more absorbent and has a really lovely feel to it. It's slightly stretchier and has a silky feel. A great alternative.

6 posts