Aqueous Cream Warning

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

27 posts
sf34_22

by sf34_22 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Aqueous Cream Warning

Hello,

There is a big article in the Daily Mail today regarding Aqueous Cream which you will be able to read online in the Health section.

It says 85% of Doctors advise patients to moisturise with this cream (which I have done many times) and they are warning against this and saying it should only be used in the bath or shower.

There is something in the cream that can cause irritation if applied directly to the skin.

ov3rh3at

by ov3rh3at on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Warning re Aqueous cream.

thanks for the warning, i have just been prescribed this cream and betnovate ointment....i cant remember what the doctor said but i remember him saying to apply aqueous what ever amount is needed and small amounts of betnovate....

anyone used these creams? and if so what the recommended use was. on the tube one it says to use twice a day. and the tub (aqeuos) it doesnt actually say how much to use, i assume i can use both at the sametime, its abit annoying docs don't give this information to their patients, thanks for the heads up!. it does make me wonder, what use is the cream if your only going to wash it off..

ov3rh3at

ov3rh3at

by ov3rh3at on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:32 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... worse.html

after reading that, i'm begining to wonder what on earth doctors are for and i know it isn't there fault like they say, but they should get more training - i say this because first i was told it was fleas, then scabies, then fleas again and then ezcma, and that was based on family history of illness, and by the sounds of it, Aqueous cream is not good for anyone. i will try it and see if it helps.
my brother was told by his GP that it's hair folicles! so i will laugh and then laugh alittle harder :)

supposedly it's a replacement for soap! so it doesnt help a whole lot.. and my doc never mentioned about using it as a soap but as a moisturizer so, im going to roll on the floor and laugh my head off! lol

oh, i promise not to visit the shed just yet! lol

Sammie

by Sammie on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Maybe your doctor needs to read the artical......?

And a medical encyclopedia by the sounds of things....lol :lol:

ov3rh3at

by ov3rh3at on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:39 pm

ROFLMAO - i think im going to ring them in a sec and tell them to look. he certainly needs a medical encyclopedia - one that fits in his pocket...hahaha

Sammie

by Sammie on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Next time you are in his sergery..look at his certificate?

Maybe he printed it off the internet..?????? :lol:

ov3rh3at

by ov3rh3at on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:51 pm

hahaha, that is hilarious! he is new too, old doc left to unforseen circumstance..... his name is basack but i call him ballsack! lol

Sammie

by Sammie on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:03 pm

There's your answer!? Your his guinea pig!!!!!!!!?????
That's the NHS for you.........I'd ditch the Aqueous Cream.

Olive oil is good for moisterising. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ov3rh3at

by ov3rh3at on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:15 pm

aqueous cream ditched! :)

i'm certainly feeling like one....i should ask him if he has a cage to put me in too, lol

he is young too so it adds up that his knowledge is crap. i wonder if nhs patients have the right to see certs? to verify there doctorate skills.

27 posts