Dead Sea as Treatment?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
sullivan071962

by sullivan071962 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Dead Sea as Treatment?

For the last 2 years I have suffered from eczema in various stages between constant very uncomfortable to annoying but never gone. I was recently in Dubai with sunshine, swimming in the ocean and general relaxation and to my surprise my condition was almost gone and not uncomfortable one bit. In fact upon my return to Europe it remained almost gone and almost symptom free for 4 weeks. Now it is returning back as before. My dermatologist recommended I take a 2-3 week spa stay in the Dead Sea. He claims 'climate change' and all the other effects the dead sea brings ones' overall health including skin conditions is highly recommended. Does anyone have experience with this type of treatment?

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:55 am

Re: Dead Sea as Treatment?

Hi Sullivan,

Maybe cos I live so far away in Singapore, I doubt no dermatologist will recommend me taking a trip down to Dead Sea. Why don't you ask your derm if it's because of its anti-bacterial properties? For me, I wipe my toddler's skin with chlorhexidine or bring her swimming... plus that's something that can be maintained rather than always flying a plane to the Dead Sea!

Cheers,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

artysue

by artysue on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:23 pm

hi sullivan .. i live in england and suffer from chronic eczema ..and currently under my dermatologist and taking immune . supressant drugs the dead sea salts you can buy them in boots to add to your bath or the soap is good .. worth a try .. thow a 2 week spa would be preferable :lol: . 8-) . hope this helps sue

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:25 pm

How much salt should I add to half a both of water please? A few people have suggested it for my children,
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Jimbob

by Jimbob on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:49 pm

We tried this a few years back but James became hysterical because it stung. We did have some luck with aalgo seaweed therapy. It makes the bath water look horrible and does not smell great but he did like it and it would calm the itching for a while. James used to ask for seaweed baths quite fequently. I might order it again actually as it might help again. I had forgotten about it until I read this thread. It is by no means a cure but it did help a little so think it would be worth u giving it a try again.

Kelly

5 posts