How Long to See Results for New Moisturiser???

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
mksuperhoop

by mksuperhoop on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:13 pm

How Long to See Results for New Moisturiser???

hi,
first post, we are very similar to alot i have read here. My 2 yr old son has eczema and we are seeing a dermatologist but feel we learn more from surfing ourselves. We feel at the moment like many that we are not in control as flare ups come and go at will.
We are going to try various moisturisers as double base prescribed is not working. We have bought Aveeno to try but we were wondering how long before we see any results??
We assume if negative it will show fairly quickly and we will stop using it. But what about if there's no negative show? would we see some progress in days/weeks/months?
Will the "right" moisturiser control eczema completely?? is it just a matter of finding the right one??
any help/advise appreciated

sf34_22

by sf34_22 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: how long to see results for new moisturiser???

Hello MK

I would say in the case of moisturisers days rather than weeks.

I didn't get very good results for myself with Aveeno but it may work well for you little one---I hope so.

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: how long to see results for new moisturiser???

Hi

We found good results showed within 24 to 48hrs. If you are unsure just try any new cream on one leg only for the first week till you are sure of no allergy and can see if a difference is due to the cream or general skin condition. Aveeno is available on prescription so if it works you can get it from the GP. Also try to only change one cream at a time, either moisturiser or steroid?? Cetraben and Hydromol suit both of my children. We use Cetraben as soap and in bath water and to moisturise in the morning and the thicker hydromol we use at night. This balance works best. Also you can consider wet wraps and derma silk suits which really help my children reducing the creams needed. There is a lot of trialand error to treating eczema.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

3 posts