Advice needed allergic to moisturiser

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
annadeeks

by annadeeks on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Advice needed allergic to moisturiser

Hi,

I have put a couple of posts up already but the biggest thing I need help and advice around is moisturiser. I am 27 and have had eczema for just under 2 years and they have been hellish, not only do I have eczema but I also have M.E. and the constant itching is not helping that.

I have been referred to a dermotologist who allergy tested me and I came up as allergic to so many things he only gave me the top 10. The main issue is I am allergic to all moisturisers. I have tried every single one that the GPs can give me and every one the dermotologist can give me. I have tried all natural solutions like olive oil, oats etc etc etc and my body will not tolerate any of them at all. The dermatologist graded me as sever atopic eczema and has rated my allergies as extream.

I was on cyclosporin for 9 months which didn't really keep it under control and have been on and off steriods, currently on them and I need at least 15mg a day just to be able to function, I have put on 3 stone in weight over the last 2 years which is seriously making me fed up and I can't describe the constant feeling of being hungry and helpless that steriods seem to leave me with.

I am now being reffered to an imuneologist as the GP and Dermotologist can't understand what's going on or how to help me. I have had a skin infection roughly every other month mainly on my legs and arms especially when I try to come off steriods.

I have tried Chinese Medicine- maybe it worked a bit but at £7.50 per cup 2x a day it just isn't feisable to carry it on for the amount of help it gave me, hypnotisim, acupuncture and I don't know what else to do.

I work in retail as a store manager and there are days when I feel mortified by the way I look and I have to put a brave face on it. I have a fantastic and suportive boyfriend who also has eczema so does understand but neither of us can find relief.

Any advice anyone can give me I would be greatful.

Thanks

Anna

longterm

by longterm on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:00 am

Re: Advice needed allergic to moisturiser

firstly every sympathy

im longterm im nearly 53 yrs old suffered with atopic excema for 52 yrs
ive had every treatment nothing really worked

im now trying natural remedies ive given a soap by my brother called MOOR

problem is my brother is in malaysia works and lives

can be ok for all skin types dont my word for it consult the professionals
and alsostarted using natural moisteriser
tell you know how i get on dont know whether moor obtainable in ok

best wishes
longterm

CinammonWaffleJ

by CinammonWaffleJ on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:15 am

I've been advised by a good friend that Bitterwood helps... I think you can get it from health stores, but i've not really looked into it as he's said he's going to bring some back from jamaica for me!

Goats milk moisturiser helped me for a while... it's all natural. Apparently Emu oil is good too... haven't tried that yet but i've been doing a mountain of research recently coz i'm worried that if I don't get the results from the dermatologist that i want... I want to have a back up plan in place!
Never say goodbye because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.- Peter Pan ♥

Di in SW Scotland

by Di in SW Scotland on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Sorry to hear about your problems. Consider trying creams from 'Elena's Nature Collection'. I have used these for many years and wouldn't like to be without them.Anything else causes problems but not these. Log on to www.elenasnaturecollection.co.uk to view everything.Good luck

Janice87

by Janice87 on Mon May 16, 2016 9:42 am

annadeeks wrote:Hi,

I have put a couple of posts up already but the biggest thing I need help and advice around is moisturiser. I am 27 and have had eczema for just under 2 years and they have been hellish, not only do I have eczema but I also have M.E. and the constant itching is not helping that.

I have been referred to a dermotologist who allergy tested me and I came up as allergic to so many things he only gave me the top 10. The main issue is I am allergic to all moisturisers. I have tried every single one that the GPs can give me and every one the dermotologist can give me. I have tried all natural solutions like olive oil, oats etc etc etc and my body will not tolerate any of them at all. The dermatologist graded me as sever atopic eczema and has rated my allergies as extream.

I was on cyclosporin for 9 months which didn't really keep it under control and have been on and off steriods, currently on them and I need at least 15mg a day just to be able to function, I have put on 3 stone in weight over the last 2 years which is seriously making me fed up and I can't describe the constant feeling of being hungry and helpless that steriods seem to leave me with.

I am now being reffered to an imuneologist as the GP and Dermotologist can't understand what's going on or how to help me. I have had a skin infection roughly every other month mainly on my legs and arms especially when I try to come off discount makeup.

I have tried Chinese Medicine- maybe it worked a bit but at £7.50 per cup 2x a day it just isn't feisable to carry it on for the amount of help it gave me, hypnotisim, acupuncture and I don't know what else to do.

I work in retail as a store manager and there are days when I feel mortified by the way I look and I have to put a brave face on it. I have a fantastic and suportive boyfriend who also has eczema so does understand but neither of us can find relief.

Any advice anyone can give me I would be greatful.

Thanks

Anna
Hi Anna,
It's very sad to hear about you that you are allergic to so much things. It's pretty hard to live like that.
In my opinion you should consult your Dermatologist whether you can use natural remedies for your skin.
And Good luck for future.

5 posts