My Treatment

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
tbailey11

by tbailey11 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:17 am

My Treatment

Hi, when I joined this site/forum. I was at my absolute lowest. I'm 28, and over the years I've suffered on and off with eczema.

About a year ago, every couple of weeks / months my eczema would flare up really bad. The itching would be uncontrollable, painful and very sore. At it worst my eczema would cover my whole body.

I never felt I would be able together on top of it and control the eczema.

My self-esteem and confidence we're completely shot. After numerous visits to my GP and various different steroid creams, I decided enough was enough. I thought that there had to be a root cause of my eczema and only by finding that out would I be able to manage it. Let's face it. My eczema is never going away, believe me. It's took me a long time to actually accept that. But it isn't.

I decided I would try acupuncture. I'd read various stories of how it's worked. I'm half way through and I'm really impressed, what's helped the most is the lifestyle changes / recommendations that my therapist has discussed with me.

I've changed the following:-
Switched from cows milk to goats milk
I take a daily fish oil, evening primrose, vitamin D and anti-histamine tablet
My daily water intake has increased massively as I wasn't drinking enough
I only have 1 cup of tea/coffee a day (with goats milk)
I now drink green tea or peppermint tea

Having tried every cream on the market. I think I've found my 'elixir'.

I now use one cream and one cream only. A 150g tube of Oilatum cream. It's instantly stops and itching sensation and my eczema patches has gone in a day!!!! The best thing is that I can use this cream whenever and as much as I want, I no longer need my steroid creams, which I used to depend on so much.

Having felt rock bottom, I feel on top of the world, I at least now feel I have a system that works for me.

Please, anyone that is reading this and thinking the same as i was a few months ago, stick at it. Because of you're persistent and willing to try alternative therapies you can combat this horrible problem and manage it in your own way.

Todd.

Allendawson

by Allendawson on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:43 am

Re: My Treatment

I am feeling bad for you. I had eczema on my arm three years ago. I concerned a dermatologist and recovered soon. Please concern a good dermatologist as soon as possible.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Hi Todd,

Thank you very much for sharing your story in such detail. So glad that you have been able to find a solution that works for you. I'm sure the hundreds of people that will read your post in the future will appreciate your honesty and hopefully take comfort in knowing they are not alone should they find themselves in a similar position. Really pleased to have people like you posting in our forums!

I hope that your eczema continues to improve.

Best wishes,
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Positive277

by Positive277 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:58 pm

So wonderful you found something that works for you!

4 posts