facial products for eczema sufferers

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
laura010391

by laura010391 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:16 pm

facial products for eczema sufferers

Hi everyone
Im new to this site and im so glad I found it! I've suffered with eczema all my life and had given up trying to treat. Luckily I seem to have grown out of it with regards to my body, my face however is another story.
I've always had problems with eczema above my top lip and corners of my mouth and since October time its appeared above my left eye and either side of my nose just above the nostril.
Some days you cant really see it and it just feels a bit rough, other days its really red and sore and I cant leave the house because im so paranoid.

what im after is a new skin care routine to try to sort this. Ideally I would like a cleanser that removes make up, a moisturizer that doesn't just sit on my skin and do nothing but sinks in and keeps me flake free all day and some sort of exfoliator (chemical or abrasive). I also need a foundation (or bb/cc cream etc) , preferably one that doesn't look too oily and that lasts all day.

Ive been looking at Clinique and Clarins as both have good reviews but obviously they aren't cheap, specially when im looking for a complete new routine. I don't mind spending hundreds if a product works, but I don't want to waste money on yet another disappointment.

So if anyone can recommend anything that would be fab.

Thanks in advance for your time :-)

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:26 am

Re: facial products for eczema sufferers

Hi!

I don't know of any particular brand/routine that will help, can think of going for patch testing to see which ingredients you are sensitive to, and from there understand that there's a database (in US) to quickly go through brands/products without those ingredients. Will that help?

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Denise08

by Denise08 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:29 am

I have also eczema and it attacks on extreme weather. When it is very cold I use moisturizer or water base lotion to freshen my skin. I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water and have daily exercise to detoxify toxins or impurities from my bodies. I also apply diprogenta cream not ointment to affected areas and it gets dry in the next day.

runnerelaine

by runnerelaine on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:45 pm

Hi I am very new to these forums.lived with eczema all my life, I'm in my 30s. Your post got my attention albeit its from february as I have very similar symptoms to those you describe lip and nose eczema! Unusual i was prescribed naseptin nasal cream for my nose and I apply with a cotton wool pad. For the lips I put epaderm on them at night with a cotton wool pad to keep them soft.nothing fancy.
For face I use dermalogica ultra calming range little expensive but I work on the basis I could spend a lot more on products that irritate my skin and me and I'm out of pocket too! Salons have to be accredited to sell this brand as they do a skin map .it's an American brand. I use boots number 7 tinted moisturer. I apply epaderm underneath first allow to soak into my skin, eating breakfast is usually enough time and apply no7 on top. It's a brand I find blends with my skin.
Hope this helps

4 posts