Lapses

If you have questions about depression then please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
oskaposk

by oskaposk on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Lapses

I had a breakdown last year (Feb) and got a huge amount of professional help at the time. I was on Citalopram until about 2 months ago. I weaned off slowly via the GP but the final step to coming off completely I did myself. By and large I feel good. But I do feel like I am in very early days and dont feel like it would take a lot to tip me back. I still have the odd day (less than once a week) when I feel a little weepy. Each time I feel I can attribute it to a specific thing in my life eg the after-effects of recently leaving a long-term relationship. How do I know if what I am feeling is just normal and when it has become depression again that needs treated? Are there signs and symptoms to watch out for?

Annette Boden - Counsellor

by Annette Boden - Counsellor on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Lapses

It is early days and I would look at your sleeping pattern and apetite and if they are affected at the moment. It is ok to go back to your GP and discuss this and perhaps have some counselling to support you through this time. Also endings in relationships are not easy so it is ok to acknowledge this is upsetting and impacting on your mood at present.
Annette Boden - Hypnotherapist, psychotherapist, Counsellor
MSc, BSc(Hons)Psychology, MBPsS, FNSHP, ADHP (NC) Adv.Dip THP (N-SHAP), Adv.Dip (NCHP), Member: CRAH; HA; HCB. UKCP registered hypno-psychotherapist. CNHC registered Hypnotherapist.

2 posts