Pains

If you are stressed or suffering from anxiety, please ask our experts your questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
cjm75

by cjm75 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Pains

Hi, I'm currently experiencing lots of aches and pains which come and go at the moment, including daily headaches and chest and shoulder pains, and today what feels like kidney pain - I think they might be stress related as I am currently under a lot of pressure both at work and have financial issues at home, but I wasn't sure if it was worth seeing my doctor about.

Can you offer any advice?

Annette Boden - Counsellor

by Annette Boden - Counsellor on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Pains

Hi
Yes you may well be right - stress certainly impacts on the physical body and tension can cause a lot of aches and pains. It may be worth running this by your GP in the first instance to confirm this. Then there are a number of options open to you that you can explore such as relaxation tecniques, including meditation, mindfulness etc, and also perhaps talking to a counsellor would be helpful to work through some of the issues causing you stress to look at ways you can tackle them.
Annette Boden - Hypnotherapist, psychotherapist, Counsellor
MSc, BSc(Hons)Psychology, MBPsS, FNSHP, ADHP (NC) Adv.Dip THP (N-SHAP), Adv.Dip (NCHP), Member: CRAH; HA; HCB. UKCP registered hypno-psychotherapist. CNHC registered Hypnotherapist.

2 posts