anxiety

If you are stressed or suffering from anxiety, please ask our experts your questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
anxiousannie

by anxiousannie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:35 pm

anxiety

I was told I was suffering from anxiety on monday morning and left the doctors really upset as had no idea. I have been feeling really rubbish since then, headaches, clammy hands etc, could not face going back in as don`t know how to start talking. I tried to go in today and bottled it so just asked for co codamol - given 100 strong ones without question, and in under 2 mins had left.
Last edited by anxiousannie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazycatlady

by crazycatlady on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: co codamol and anxiety with overdose

sorry about what you are experiencing, it sounds like you had a little panic attack after you left the docs i feel like that most times and the headaches are usually tension headaches. the doctor should not have given you that many pills without question that is a little irresponsible of them . if you have another doctors near you or different doctors in the same surgery you may want to go and see them and see if they can help. it took me a long time and had to go through a lot of people to get a decent doc on my side.
i hope you are feeling a little better and i hope you get the help that you need, there is the anixety uk people and mind are quite good. xxx

anxiousannie

by anxiousannie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:38 pm

The doc on monday was really good but i froze, was incapable of talking to her. She rang me later and booked me in for wednesday but i cancelled it. Feel ok but had two really negative thoughts about not wanting to carry on and when he gave me 100 cocodamol i ran home feeling sick.

I am a serial self sabbotager and need to sort myself. Hypnosis might work as i panic at the thought of talking!!!

crazycatlady

by crazycatlady on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:10 pm

its good that you can talk on here and i know this may sound really funnny to some people but write it down take it to your doctor let her read it and then at least you are going to get some help, i dont think your doctor will think you are strange she will just be happy that you came for some help

Dr Trevor Friedman

by Dr Trevor Friedman on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 am

Re: anxiety

Hi. I was concerned to read how upset you have been. It is common for people not to realise they are suffering from anxiety. Also, we use the word 'anxiety' in every day languge to mean when we are worried about something but that is quite different from having anxiety that can make you fell really unwell. It is something to be taken seriously - if you had a panic attack then that can make people feel like they are out of control or losing their mind. I think the advice you received about writing down how you are feeling is a good idea. I am sure that you should see your GP again. There is always help available 24 hours a day through NHS Direct, your GP and all areas now have psychiatric crisis teams who come and see people at home if they are in crisis.
Dr Trevor Friedman
Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist
BSc MB BS FRCPsych

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... iedman.php

5 posts