phobia health anxiety

If you are stressed or suffering from anxiety, please ask our experts your questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
dazzadoo123

by dazzadoo123 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:06 pm

phobia health anxiety

hi there i suffer from health anxiety and depression plus have a phobia of death terrible ..could you
give me any advice maybe regarding the phobia as it ruiing my life and i think its whats feuling my
health anxiety and depression ???? and the phyciatrist on nhs and gp
seem to pass it off as like everyone has the fear... but i find mine has taken over my life ...
looking for advice on where to maybe get help or info or any suggestions maybe on how to tackls it
darren ..

Dr Gary Jackson

by Dr Gary Jackson on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 am

Re: phobia health anxiety

Hi Darren. You need to try a good quality CBT therapist. You should have access to one through the NHS or you can go privately. The British Assoc. of Behavioural and Cognitive Therapists could give you a list of approved therapists in your area.
DR Jackson
Dr Gary Jackson - Consultant Psychiatrist
M.B.B.Ch., F.R.C.Psych

Annette Boden - Counsellor

by Annette Boden - Counsellor on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: phobia health anxiety

I agree with Dr Jackson. Phobic anxiety responds well to CBT.
You might also want to have a look at Anxiety UK's website for some information also. www.anxietyuk.org.uk
Annette Boden - Hypnotherapist, psychotherapist, Counsellor
MSc, BSc(Hons)Psychology, MBPsS, FNSHP, ADHP (NC) Adv.Dip THP (N-SHAP), Adv.Dip (NCHP), Member: CRAH; HA; HCB. UKCP registered hypno-psychotherapist. CNHC registered Hypnotherapist.

3 posts