Contact Dermatitis

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
Dturner82

by Dturner82 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:58 am

Contact Dermatitis

Hi folks,

So. I can barely type on my phone due to this problem. I've suffered from Dermatitis for the last 15 years. I work as a chef so I'm constantly in hot/wet conditions and over the years have narrowed down certain food types that cause a flare up. Handling raw fish or raw potatoes seems to cause instant dryness and itchiness. With the help of various over the counter creams I have kept it at bay. However in the last couple of weeks my hands have gone beyond my ability to cope. My palms are so cracked that I cannot hold a toothbrush or pen. I can barely open a door handle. I was prescribed dermol lotion but recently, this seems to have no effect and instead makes he symptoms worse.

I need my hands back. I don't know how. Unable to get a doctor's appointment currently and don't know where to turn. I am losing my sanity. Can anyone help?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:49 am

Re: Contact Dermatitis

Hi Dturner82

Thank you for your post. Please do keep trying for a doctor's appointment. Have you been to your local pharmacy to see if the pharmacist can recommend anything?

Hopefully our members will be able to provide advice and support.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts