duckweed decoction for atopic dermatitis

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
pasha111

by pasha111 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:33 am

duckweed decoction for atopic dermatitis

Hello, my dougher 6 years old and she have atopic dermatitis. At winter time it appear more on folds (hands, legs). I read that duckweed decoction can help her, and a lot creams and lotions that helps in most consist from duckweed (recipe: 5g dry, crushed duckweed insist in glass of hot water 30 min and drink). I give it her once a day around 4-5 days for now. And at this time dermatitis appear more than before. I don't believe that she have allergic on duckweed. Can it be signs that the body is struggling with dermatitis?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:50 pm

Atopic dermatitis

Hi pasha111

Thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear that your daughter is struggling with atopic dermatitis. Has your GP recommended anything in particular for her? Have you considered stopping the duckweed treatment to see if there are any changes to the dermatitis?

Please let us know how your daughter progresses.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

pasha111

by pasha111 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:24 pm

Re: duckweed decoction for atopic dermatitis

Doctors says the same things and i was read it a lot times:
- special creams, diet with a lot restrictions...
That advices not helps strugglin with cause of atopic dermatitis and it appear again and again. I think 4-5 days is too little for any conclusion but today her hands became a little better. I'm not a doctor, and will be glad to get any advice. Thanks

3 posts