Eczema from metal implant?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

1 post
abcdefg1234567

by abcdefg1234567 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:30 am

Eczema from metal implant?

Hi, i would like to confirm whether my eczema is caused by metal implants in my left pinky finger (I broke it last year.) I was never diagnosed with eczema as a child and I have no known allergies. However 4 months ago (which is about 5 months after the metals were implanted) my left pinky finger stared to itch intensely. The itching spread down to my knuckles, and then down my left arm. Before I knew it, my entire body was ravaged with coin shaped rashes (discoid) and blisters on hands and feet (dyshydrotic). The eczema has persisted all the way until now. I have done research concerning this issue, where patients can suddenly develop allergic reactions to metal implants when they previously did not have any known allergies. Furthermore, this entire episode of itching and tearing started from my left pinky finger, exactly where the metal implants are. Are the metal implants truly the cause of my eczema? Will removing them resolve this issue? (My finger has healed and the metals can be removed anytime now) I’m sorry for the long paragraph and poor English. Thank you for taking your time to read this.