Itchy, dry and split skin on fingers since having a baby

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Sunshinesally

by Sunshinesally on Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:28 pm

Itchy, dry and split skin on fingers since having a baby

Hi,

After having a baby I have been suffering with flare ups on my fingers. It begins as heat bumps which are really itchy and the skin becomes dry and the skin on my fingertips start to crack and split. This has been constant for the last 10 months but becomes worse sporadically. I have been to the doctors who say it is eczema, probably due to washing my hands a lot more since having a baby. They prescribed me Hydrocortisone Cream 1% for when it flares up and zerocream emolliant everyday, but that didn't work so then they advised Isomol gel. I have yet to find anything that has helped to clear this up. I have also wondered whether it could be product or food related but through process of elimination, have not managed to discover anything that could be the cause.

Has anyone experienced the same thing or does anyone have any advice they can share. I am pretty sure there must be something out there that can help because this is causing a lot of discomfort daily.

Thanks!

Here's a couple of photos of it:
Attachments
IMG_20190702_181221.jpg
IMG_20190702_181221.jpg (178.17 KiB) Viewed 12370 times

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Re: Itchy, dry and split skin on fingers since having a baby

Mine cleared when I stopped washing so much and not use soap/ detergent when washing.. I also apply moisturizer before getting in touch with water.. hope you're coping with baby care responsibility, it's not easy, take care
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Sunshinesally

by Sunshinesally on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:42 pm

Re: Itchy, dry and split skin on fingers since having a baby

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Appreciate the advice.

Take Care

3 posts