Wedding in a week bad hand eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

55 posts
brianhiggins

by brianhiggins on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Please help me with my Hand Eczema

hi chobo,my hand eczema got worse over the last 3 years. i got betnovate steroid cream but my hands were still very dry and breaking out,ive always used e-45 cream all over then they brought out e-45 endless moisture and with this and my betnovate my skin has improved dramatically,if you are in the uk its about £7 a tube but get it from watt brothers for £2.99 and remember to get the fragrance free,i really hope and pray that this information helps you chobo,take care brian higgins

Gary37

by Gary37 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi chobo, I too have hand eczema amongst other things, I haven't cured it but know what I can do to prevent it getting irratable and worse , What ever cream I use i put on the finest layer possible, if I massage and lather it on it eventually irrates me more , my theory is that it's just the extreme outer layer of skin that I need repairing, anything deeper and it starts to have an adverse effect (a bit like prickly heat, where the cream blocks the pores not allowing the heat and sweat out) hope this is some kind of help to you but as im sure your aware what works for one probably won't work for another. Best of luck. :D

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:11 am

Have any of your looked at the www.myhandeczema.co.uk web site and considered some of the options there? Also, has anyone tried Toctino - oral treatment?
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:24 am

Re: 25 yr old, just diag w/ hand eczema, 3 mons WONT GO AWAY:

There's a really good and informative web site called www.myhandeczema.co.uk which would be a good resource for you.

Deborah Mason
Founder
talkhealth team

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:39 am

Hand Eczema

Having hand eczema can be extremely painful and difficult to manage. Here's the place to share your ideas, thoughts and feelings. Also, there is a great resource called www.myhandeczema.co.uk with lots of helpful information. Check it out.
talkhealth team

Plopper

by Plopper on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:48 am

The miracle cure for my hand eczema.

Ok,
First off I've never posted or really even researched eczema a whole lot on the internet. I was diagnosed at a young age, maybe 8 or so (30 now), and have had it ever since. I'm very lucky compared to a lot of you, it's only on my hands, mostly between the fingers and on knuckles, and has never been highly debilitating. It can be very uncomfortable and painful / itchy at times. Lead to cracking, bleeding etc.

I've been prescribed steroid creams several times, told to use mositurizers etc. I've never found them to work, save if I load on a tonne of steroid cream it would "sort of" help, with mixed results (weak thin skin). Sometimes I will be at work with pieces of tissue or toilet paper wrapped around my fingers to try to stop the oozing and minimize the damage I'd do itching. It's simply something I've lived with, and like I said not particularly debilitating. Dish soaps and having wet hands in general makes it way worse of course.

Anyways... about a month ago I couldn't get anything done at work, the patches were all oozing like crazy, and I had nothing to put on them, except for a Lypsyl chapstick I had in my car. So I threw it on (just on the affected spots, not all over my hands), the oozing stopped shortly, the itching went away too. So I kept putting it on, once or twice a day, as required, whenever they start to itch, or get too dry looking. It really doesn't seem to matter when in the cycle it goes on, it works at any point, very quickly and lasts a long time. All I can say is it works amazing, nothing I've used before has worked like it. Last weekend I went camping, it was raining, my hands were wet half the time, I was washing dishes with soap on them. I just kept applying the Lypsyl every day.. and today they are the best they've been in years.

So that's my story I just wanted to share becauase it's such a simple cheap solution, and for my relatively mild case of hand eczema just plain Lypsyl that you can get at any gas station worked a miracle, and hopefully will continue to work (fingers crossed). I know this won't work for eveyrone, but hopefully it will for some, and I encourage all to at least try it. Please report back any results !

Sammie

by Sammie on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:06 am

Re: The miracle cure for my hand eczema.

It's great that you have found some respite from your condition. I think the main ingredient in lypsyl is Vasoline?
I had hand and foot eczema for 20 years..And it is a long painful battle to find a cure.
Anything is better than using steroids!
Hope it works out for you?

_heidi_

by _heidi_ on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:36 pm

Re: Hand Eczema

Hi guys,

I got this on my hands late last year and wasted the first few months with GP's and a dermatologist using steriod creams that I'm sure made it worse and was told it was not food intolerance but a nickel allergy. It was so bad I was crying almost everyday trying to look after my son and go to work part time with my hands hurting and looking disgusting- I also broke out in a full body rash when it was at it's worst so I was itchy everywhere and in summertime. In Feb I went to a naturopath and he found so many food intolerances and that I have a very weak gut(which has caused the intolerances). We have been working on the gut issues (acidophilus tablets and herbs) and avoiding the foods (dairy, gluten, wheat, peanuts/cashews, citrus, white sugar, coffee, chocolate, dried fruit, oats, tomatos). It is very hard and quite annoying but it has paid off. I still have little break outs but to the untrained eye you would'nt notice other than a little bit of redness. I just hope it eventually goes and does'nt flare up in summer time again as I think the heat makes it worse. Please go to a naturopath if you hav'nt already, western medicine is absoloutley useless when it comes to this type of eczema they don't treat the internal trigger where it's all coming from.

Jennie

by Jennie on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:22 am

Wedding in a week bad hand eczema

please help me i am getting married in a week and i broke out with hand eczema ! i went to the doc and he dignosed it but i need to know what i can do besides the cream he gave me which is clobetasol to be applied twice a day ! i read about the vinegar and drinking it i am gonna try that right now! i planned my wedding froa year and would hate to have to postone it but i can not see myself enjoying my day with my hands like this please help me :|

sf34_22

by sf34_22 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Wedding in a week bad hand eczema

Jennie I have the same hand eczema as you and I have found Bepanthen Nappy Ointment which can be found in Boots, Superdrug or supermarkets calms my skin down and lasts well for a few hours.

Have a lovely wedding day.

55 posts