Finally, Relief

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
Boyaka420

by Boyaka420 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Finally, Relief

Hello all, I am NOT a doctor and in no way am I suggesting I've cured eczema for everyone. I have suffered from eczema for many years. Its a horrible condition and I have tried every cream with no success. Currently I use a prescribed cream used for athletes foot to control the itch and polysporin eczema cream. For the past few weeks, I started writing down everything I touched, when the itch was the worst, when my hands looked the worst and when my hands looked the best. I found my eczema was the worst in the mornings from Monday to Friday...weird. Weekends was the best...also weird. Well, after reviewing my list, I found that my issue was a reaction to newspaper ink, which contains colophony. Colophony has many different names and is used in a lot of products like sunscreen, shampoo, deodorants and so on. This alerted me even more since I have to be careful which shampoo and deodorant I use because after a week of using some, I itch like crazy and get red. Its been 2 days since I realized this and have not touched a newspaper in a few days and my hands are not nearly as red and the cracks are starting to heal and look like a normal hand again. The itch is pretty much gone. YAY!! My doctor suggested I have an allergy test done about a year ago and when I found out it was a weeks commitment and 4 appointments in that week, I didn't do it because of work. If I knew this, I would have done it in a heartbeat. PLEASE, anyone suffering from ANY type of eczema, get this test done. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain from this test. They put patches on your back for a week, that's it.

I hope this helps at least one person solve their issue with eczema. Its horrible. Take care everyone.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Re: Finally, Relief

Thanks for sharing, good to know you discovered a way to manage your eczema!
Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Scan_Fantasy

by Scan_Fantasy on Mon May 16, 2016 11:18 am

I'm also have an eczema on my hands and I'm having a difficult time to treat it as well. I already used a lot of creams but I don't think that works fine for me. By the way, I appreciate that you posted some suggestions here. Perhaps, I could make it a try.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue May 17, 2016 8:52 pm

I hope you find something that helps, keep us updated :D

Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

4 posts