talkwomenshealth forum

talkhealth > Forums > talkwomenshealth > talkwomenshealth > general women's health

general women's health

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

Medication for possible mild rectal bleeding

Postby JaneSmith on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:33 pm

I'm 15, female and extremely terrified. I might have very mild rectal bleeding as it's been happening for a week now and I have no idea what to do. I am too scared to go to a GP, is there any medication I can buy to help this? Thanks
JaneSmith

Re: Medication for possible mild rectal bleeding

Postby Sarah Buchan on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:33 am

Dear Jane,

I'm really sorry to hear you are experiencing these symptoms but please don't be afraid to visit your GP for further investigation. As healthcare professionals we are all here to help you - no matter how embarassed you feel about the symptoms, I can assure you each consultation is confidential.

It would be very difficult for me to advise without discussing your symptoms further, I would like you to make an appointment to see your GP to investigate the cause of this bleeding. Sometimes rectal bleeding occurs due to haemorroids or anal fissures which are very common in patients and can be easily treated. Other times it can be due to a physical trauma to the area.

As a precaution, to rule out anything more serious, it is important to visit your GP. I hope this will then put your mind at ease and a suitable treatment can be provided.

Take care,

Sarah
Sarah Buchan

Re: Medication for possible mild rectal bleeding

Postby LMSussex890 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:50 pm

Is the bleeding bright red or dark in colour? If it's dark, it's likely something from higher up is going on and is quite serious so you'd need to get to the doctor ASAP. If it's bright red, it suggests the blood is coming from lower down and is probably more external, such as haemorrhoids, fissures/tears likely due to constipation. Do you suffer with constipation? Given your age, I'd say anything more serious is unlikely so try not to worry, and visit your doctor!
LMSussex890