Scratching!!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

10 posts
jamiegiles

by jamiegiles on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Cannot stop the itching!

I am having an extremely bad body flare up at the moment (mainly on the back of my neck)

I keep getting these urges to scratch and i cannot stop myself! I try so hard yet nothing help.

So far i have cut my fingernails to the bare minimum, washed my bed sheets in surcare (picked that up yesterday) and have been using Eurax. Eurax is great at stopping the itching but its not clearing up my eczema.. just simply delaying the itching.

Any other ideas to stop the itching? Thanks

sf34_22

by sf34_22 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: Cannot stop the itching!

Jamie my only advice is to get as much moisture into your skin as possible to reduce the itch. Use Epaderm, Aveeno or even olive oil to take the dryness away.

Good luck.

Kieran

by Kieran on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:51 pm

Scratching!!

hey everyone im 14 and ive had eczema nearly all my life and i have it severely on my legs and arms i use steroid cream and i use something called dermol which also helps ive used anti-histamine before aswell butthese did not really help me, but my mane issue is scratching/itching as it really annoys me as i can resist it sometimes but othertimes i can only take so much then i just cant stop and it kills to know that what im doing is just making my eczema worse, i allways try my best to stop and lately ive been doing really well not to scratch/itch but i would like to know if theres anthing i can do which will prevent the itch or just help my eczema get better. Ive also started a dairy free diet to see if that helps. I would like it if anyone had any suggestions to what i could do to help stop the itching or just to help my eczema get better, anything you have to tell me will be well apreciated.
Thankyou.

mandyafc

by mandyafc on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:36 am

Re: Scratching!!

Hi Kieran

Have you tried using wet wraps? That might help with your itching. Oh, and well done for trying not to scratch, I know only too well how hard/impossible that can be!

http://www.skincarephysicians.com/eczem ... wraps.html

Hope you get some relief soon.

Mandy

Kieran

by Kieran on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:13 pm

its really hard not to itch so ill try wet wraps thankyou mandy

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:08 pm

yes wet wraps are good. both my children ask for wet wraps now when they are itchy as they know they help
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:53 am

Why not visit our NHS Choices/talkhealth forum and add your concerns and comments to our Scratching thread. Our experts will be in the fourm next week to answer your questions.

the talkhealth team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:48 am

Dee
Have you tried Emolin spray as your emollient? My kids love it and there is no need to touch the skin or rub it in, you may find it helpful to be able to spray it on without needing to bend and reach everywhere.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

zohaa3492

by zohaa3492 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:36 am

Does this have an E number? I've had terrible trouble with getting hives from medicines, and I think it might be the benzoate preservatives in them. In the last 2 months my eczema has flared up on my scalp, neck and chest, as well as unbearable itching all over my body, so I will go round the house with a magnifying glass checking all the labels now!

You can easily check out our high quality 70-480 - actual tests which prepares you well forACMP_6.1 - braindumps - study testking. You can also get success in realciis.edu exam with the quality hodges and selftestengine.

10 posts