Turmeric takes away the itch!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
sunny81

by sunny81 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Re: Turmeric takes away the itch!

I tried a turmeric and neem paste when I had a really bad flare up, would wait around 20 minutes then shower it off.. I found it actually worsened the condition for whatever reason. The skin quickly healed a few days after not applying it.

I do however drink turmeric and neem powder in a little lemon and honey with warm water every morning. It taste nasty but they are very powerful in fighting infections, bacteria from within
Sunny81

Sally Heep

by Sally Heep on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:17 am

A short bath in lukewarm water with colloidal oatmeal can help ease itching. Purchase a pre-packaged oatmeal bath mix at your local drug store.
Follow the directions on the label and soak about 15 to 20 minutes. After your bath, gently pat yourself dry with a soft towel.
Then apply moisturizer right away, ideally while the skin is still damp.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:51 am

Yes, thanks for sharing! I use oatmeal bath oil for my daughter too, but ready made ones. I have never tried tumeric though, apart from buying it to use on chicken dish after I read tumeric is cancer preventing :) tastes good too!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

3 posts