Bruising...

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
lukaface

by lukaface on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:32 am

Bruising...

Recently I noticed several bruises on my thighs and couldn't figure out where they had come from...then I realised that every time I go to the loo I absentmindedly scratch my thighs...the bruises are from me scratching!! I had no idea that I was pressing so hard or that I could bruise my skin so easily...has anyone else ever experienced this??

jenn113ifer

by jenn113ifer on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Bruising...

Yes, I've noticed this too! I always get small bruises around the areas where I have an eczema outbreak...

sunny81

by sunny81 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:15 pm

I would see a doc about this. Ive had eczema all my life and scratched like no tomorrow yet NEVER bruised myself. Yes, everyone is different. But this sounds odd - go see docs - what u got to loose?
Sunny81

artysue

by artysue on Sat May 19, 2012 3:47 pm

hi i have the same problem i have urticuria eczema and nodular puirigo and over 20 years have used steroid creams which have thinned my skin. i only have to catch my skin on something or scratch i get bruising it takes a week or more to heal .

Spyrelle

by Spyrelle on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Hello,

Yes I experience bruising as a result of scratching too. Similarly, at first I had no idea where the bruises were coming from then one day it just suddenly clicked!

The bruising obviously disappears in time but the redness of the skin etc is still there :-s

jrobinson0731

by jrobinson0731 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:40 am

My daughters legs looked like she had been beaten after all the steroid use she had to have as a baby. My 4 year old had horrible eczema her first 2 years of life. It was miserable for us and for her! the catalyst was when twice in two months she was hospitalized with staph from scratching. We were referred to a pediatric dermatologist. I have found most peds know how to handle simple cases of eczema but they don't know how to handle more complex cases and unless they show signs of staph a referral to a derm is hard to get. We got into a derm at the perfect time and our daughter was able to join a study for CLn body wash. It healed her from 40% covered to 2% in 12 weeks we saw improvement in a week. I would highly suggest trying out CLn

I did a segment on a local medical network about her study if you want to check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhSkVd6_G5s

There is plenty of other info on you tube, amazon and the CLn website to help you. This wash has changed not only my daughters life but everyone in our family..

6 posts