Stopped Sugar - Eczema gone

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
Jessbeebee

by Jessbeebee on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:39 pm

Stopped Sugar - Eczema gone

For 18 months, eczema drove me crazy. I could not resist scratching my feet and my fingers. It was awful.

I began taking medication. Made home-made oils to soothe my skin. Went to various doctors. One even said it was hives, not eczema. More confused than ever.

In April 2017, I began to be concerned with my pre-diabetes condition. While researching, I stumbled upon a book that examines the toxicity of sugar in our diet. Yes, of course, I loved my sugar. I add it to my cups of tea every day. It is also hidden in the milk portions and the breads I love.

So it was my prediabetic condition that made me cut out the obvious sugar and the hidden sugar. In about two weeks, I noticed an unintended but interesting effect: my skin was itching much less! In a month, the itch was almost totally gone!

There are small relapses. Sometimes, during weekends and on birthdays of friends, when I do indulge in sugary foods - the cakes, ice cream and the soda. On such occasions, I notice the itchiness comes back to a degree, and because I revert to my sugar-free diet the next day, I guess the toxicity does not build up. But again, such treats are rare and far between. The relief I have gained from eliminating sugar is so wonderful, that giving sweet pleasures is totally worth it.

I don't know if science confirms sugar as one of eczema's triggers, but in my case, I believe there was a connection. Try a diet that's free from sugar. What's the harm? Save yourself from diabetes, weight-gain, and perhaps eczema! Peace and healing!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:31 am

Re: Stopped Sugar - Eczema gone

Thanks for your sharing! Sugar is inflammatory, linking to many conditions so not taking the additional sugar is a good move, and happy to know that you're better now!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

anuskasantos

by anuskasantos on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:20 pm

That's fantastic that you have stopped sugar, and your eczema is gone now.

What other things did you eliminate from your daily life in relation to food. As i'm doing a diet at the moment that is helping my eczema a lot. But i'm just a bit unsure which types of meats I'am allowed to eat; as I looked in the internet for what types of meat I can eat but nothing come's up. Also At the moment i'm only eating fish and vegetables and nothing else. So no sugar and other things that may affect my skin condition.

Thank you

And well done. :)

Alexlai1985

by Alexlai1985 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Try“Foderma”..... A bit late, But gud……! Yes, Foderma Advanced Eczema treatment. I thought there's no way this stuff could not anything. A day2 to day3 later, I did not feel any different on Eczema in my leg. But I kept putting it, after a week later my eczema was really gone. Only a very few small spots were there. I have no doubts about this brand and I believe it.

4 posts