Feeling lonely with my illness - invitation to talk

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Koh Ming Shao, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae

4 posts
deepbluenightsky

by deepbluenightsky on Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:26 am

Feeling lonely with my illness - invitation to talk

Hi
I'm 20 years old. This is my first post on this forum.
I've been struggling recently. More mentally to be honest even though my skin hurts me a lot. I feel like i want to talk to people who get me and have been through the same pain that i've been feeling for a long time. Talking to close ones does't help that much. People usually have thechnical advice, ask me what have I been eating etc. That honestly makes me feel horrible and angry. My family focuses on what can i possibly do to stop that illnes from showing itself. I just want someone to hear me out and just listen. I feel like a burden to people. I want to talk to people about it but I'm tired of the mantra that i keep hearing over and over again.
If you also feel lonely and want to just share your experience and emotions, feel free to respond. <3

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:34 pm

Re: Feeling lonely with my illness - invitation to talk

Your illness has nothing to do with what you're eating: you're not the way you are because of junk food or any other food.

I can't cure your skin condition but you could Google online skin conditions support forums. There are so many people with eczema and other such skin problems. Feeling weird and embarrassed and distressed IS awful. Problem skin affects so many people: you're not alone. Again, you're right to reach out and find that support network. I would say talk to your doctor: but you've already done that, no doubt.

Please don't feel too embarrassed: everyone knows it isn't your fault. You can't control your skin anymore than you can control the waves of the sea.

Do Google online for support forums.

KeyKeyyy

by KeyKeyyy on Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:41 pm

Hi I just wanted to post because sometimes I feel the same way that you do. Sometimes I feel the same way in my skin with my eczema. I struggle too mentally thinking about how others will think of me when they see my skin and it affects me a lot. Sometimes when I talk to others too they usually try to give me solutions on what to do instead of just listening and hearing me out.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:15 am

Sometimes a person doesn't want advice: just someone to talk to. Do tell the relevant people this: and they should comply.

Again you're not alone with your skin condition.

4 posts