Very Itchy skin rash on arms

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
Carla Giovanna

by Carla Giovanna on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Very Itchy skin rash on arms

Have seen a Dermatologist and had biopsy and blood tests that haven't revealed anything.Prescribed every cream under the sun and they actually make me itch more,The only thing that gives temporary relief is ice packs.Many nights I cannot sleep because of the unbearable itching.I do have Bile Acid Malabsorption and take Colesvelam for that.Could Bam be the problem?Need help before I go crazy!!

Sarah Buchan

by Sarah Buchan on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Very Itchy skin rash on arms

Hi Carla,

thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that you have been struggling with this symptom for so long.

From what you have stated above, it appears you have had a comprehensive investigation into the cause of your itchy rash on the arms. I cannot find any evidence to suggest a link between Bile Acid Malabsorption (BAM) or Colesevelam and recurrent itch.

I would advise that you make an appointment with your GP for further discussion and treatment options.

In the meantime, keeping the area cool to prevent worsening of the itch would be advised. Also keeping the creams that you are currently prescribed in the fridge between applications will help to cool the area and provide more relief. If you are on no other medicines, perhaps an antihistamine tablet would be useful for you also.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Kindest regards,

Sarah
Sarah Buchan
Clinical Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... buchan.php

2 posts