3 years of unknown infection & nothing working. Please Help!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

9 posts
benjames

by benjames on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:40 am

3 years of unknown infection & nothing working. Please Help!

It started 3 years ago when starting uni. the problem slowly began as an irrigation on my eye then slow spread on the back of my legs and arms which became worse to become bleeding, itchy, yellow and very painful. At some point it reduced, but then came back to spread to my neck, naval and discolouring my waist area. It seems to continuously reduce but then come back again. A year ago I went on holiday and it went, but upon returning to UK, it came back, and shortly after my skin become extremely dry to the point no moisturiser would help along with very tight skin on the back of my legs and arms and sudden hive type spots. There was a point where I developed pustules on parts of my body that was partially cured with anti biotic tablets. Recent my face and neck only seems to have small unnoticeable dry patches but my legs and arms are the same symptoms with yellow discharge and broken down exposed skin & flaking. This may be a form of psoriasis but I have no idea now, I am on the verge of giving up.

3 years ago my doctor said it was a lifestyle change endgame my steroid cream which I stopped, but I have cut out a lot of dairy, sugar and other things from my diet and nothing seems to work. I use Epaderm cream which sort of helps but I need help please! :(

p.s. 3 years ago I was taking a blue inhaler and a nose spray for my asthma.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to remove images - please upload to an external hosting site and add the links to your post if you would like to reupload.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: 3 years of unknown infection & nothing working. Please H

Hi,

Thank you for posting in our forum. I have shared your post on our twitter account. Hopefully others with a similar experience may be able to offer some advice. I hope it improves for you soon.

Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

snowdrop36

by snowdrop36 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:31 pm

I don't know if it will help you, but I have found Manuka honey ointment is very good at getting skin problems under control. I purchased a tube and my psoriasis cleared up. It is available on prescription.

benjames

by benjames on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Hey,

Manuka honey sounds like a good treatment, I can give it a go. My problem i thought was initially eczema but now it looks more like a fungal infection of the skin. Will this help with this type of infection?

Thanks again.

snowdrop36

by snowdrop36 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:40 am

Hi
I think that it would help. I was in hospital for 3 months after an operation that left me with an infection. I was told that I would have the infection for life because antibiotics couldn't cure it. My daughter suggested Manuka honey and I tried it, although I was sceptical as to it getting rid of the infection. The wound from the knee replacement was oozing the whole time, but within a few weeks it had healed up and the infection gone. When I saw my surgeon has was amazed and said that although he had heard good reports about it, he had not believed them. He said that he would by trying it in future. Hope this helps you. :)

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Thank you for the advice. There are good reviews for manuka honey.

Helen
talkhealth

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:13 pm

This is an interesting read in realtion to Makuna Honey... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/we ... honey.html

Helen
talkhealth

benjames

by benjames on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:04 pm

Thank you both for the responses, I will give this a go, and maybe post the results at some point if it heals! ^_^

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:34 pm

That would be great, thanks!

Helen
talkhealth

9 posts