Finally some relief from eczema?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
fitzwfitz

by fitzwfitz on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Finally some relief from eczema?

Hello All,

I have had eczema virtually all my life, trying all of the creams / medications available that the dermatologist wanted to throw my way.

Various medications have worked temporarily but the eczema always returned, covering large areas of my body.

After doing some research online I decided to cut out all sugar (including natural sugars which you get from fruits etc) and cut my gluten consumption by approximately half.

4 weeks down the line and my eczema appears to have disappeared (touch wood), with no need for moisturising and/or steroid creams.

I will post another update in a month advising whether my skin is still as clear.

Heres hoping that after all these years I may just finally have discovered what has been causing my eczema.

I hope this post helps others.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:17 am

Re: Finally some relief from eczema?

Thanks for the update and good to hear, keep us posted!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

fitzwfitz

by fitzwfitz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:52 pm

Re: Finally some relief from eczema

Another week has passed and my skin is still clear, i am becoming more confident that noone can improve their eczema while still consuming sugar.

i would recommend everyone suffering from eczema to give up sugar!

fitzwfitz

by fitzwfitz on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:53 am

IMG_5775.PNG
IMG_5775.PNG (138.05 KiB) Viewed 6031 times
This was my eczema at its worst last year after yet another breakout.

Following a visit to the hospital I was told by the dermatologist " you need to get used to living with eczema, there is no cure for eczema".

Dont rely on the doctors / pharma industry to provide any help, they only want to "treat" the condition rather than cure it (huge loss in profits if eczema did not exist).

For the record I have tried the following things in the past:

Fucibet
Betnovate
Protopic
Light Treatment
Azathioprine
Methatroxate

SosefinaTunufai

by SosefinaTunufai on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:36 pm

I have been using foderma serum for a few years and it is the only one that gives me relief from eczema. :)

fitzwfitz

by fitzwfitz on Sat May 25, 2019 11:43 pm

A few years down the line folks and i am still near enough eczema free

However i dont believe it was down to the sugar

I have near enough eliminated gluten and dairy from my diet and the eczema has stayed away since

It shocks me to see the picture of how bad it was, feel like ive got completwly different skin now

Would never have expected it to be linked to my diet

6 posts